Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab15584)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Histone H3 (methylated) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (methylated) - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsIP, ChIP/Chip, IHC-P, PepArr, WB, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 to the C-terminus Histone H3, mono methylated at R2.
- Positive controlCalf thymus histone, C3H10T1/2 and 293 lysates. In ICC/IF this antibody gave a positive result in HeLa cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15584 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ChIP/Chip||ChIP/Chip: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/80. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|PepArr||PepArr: Use a concentration of 0.2 - 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).Can be blocked with Histone H3 peptide - mono methyl R2 (ab1775).|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use 2-4 µg for 25 µg of chromatin.|
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 326601 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 319152 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319153 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 360198 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97908 Mouse
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: P68432 Cow
- SwissProt: Q93081 Human
- SwissProt: Q16695 Human
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: P68433 Mouse
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 221301 Mouse
- Unigene: 261657 Mouse
- Unigene: 377874 Mouse
- Unigene: 390558 Mouse
- Unigene: 397328 Mouse
- FLJ92264 antibodyH3 histone antibodyH3 histone antibody
- H3 histone family, member A antibodyH3/a antibodyH3/b antibodyH3/c antibodyH3/d antibodyh3/f antibodyH3/h antibodyH3/i antibodyH3/j antibodyH3/k antibodyH3/l antibodyH31_HUMAN antibodyH3F1K antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3FA antibodyH3FB antibodyH3FC antibodyH3FD antibodyH3FF antibodyH3FH antibodyH3FI antibodyH3FJ antibodyH3FK antibodyH3FL antibodyHIST1H3A antibodyHIST1H3B antibodyHIST1H3C antibodyHIST1H3D antibodyHIST1H3E antibodyHIST1H3F antibodyHIST1H3G antibodyHIST1H3H antibodyHIST1H3I antibodyHIST1H3J antibodyHIST3H3 antibodyHIST3H3 antibodyHistone 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3b antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3c antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3d antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3e antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3f antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3g antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3i antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3j antibodyHistone H 3 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3/a antibodyHistone H3/b antibodyHistone H3/c antibodyHistone H3/d antibodyHistone H3/f antibodyHistone H3/h antibodyHistone H3/i antibodyHistone H3/j antibodyHistone H3/k antibodyHistone H3/l antibodyR2 antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody - ChIP Grade images
Chromatin was prepared from Hela cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10min. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 2µg of ab15584 (blue), and 20µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach). Primers and probes are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
All batches of ab15584 are tested in Peptide Array against peptides to different Histone H3 modifications. Six dilutions of each peptide are printed on to the Peptide Array in triplicate and results are averaged before being plotted on to a graph. Results show strong binding to Histone H3 - mono methyl R2 peptide (ab1775), indicating that this antibody specifically recognises the Histone H3 - mono methyl R2 modification.
1. ab1775 – Histone H3 - mono methyl R2 peptide
2. ab38488 – Histone H3 - symmetric di methyl R2
3. ab2853 – Histone H3 - asymmetric di methyl R2
4. ab17566 – Histone H3 - non-modified
5. ab33971 – Histone H3 - mono methyl R8
6. ab13845 – Histone H3 - mono methyl R17
7. ab16935 – Histone H3 - asymmetric di methyl R17
8. ab32948 – Histone H3 - symmetric di methyl R17
9. ab2854 – Histone H3 - asymmetric di methyl R26
10. ab38487 – Histone H3 - symmetric di methyl R26
Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab15584) at 1 µg/ml + Calf Thymus Histone Preparation Nuclear Lysate at 0.5 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Exposure time : 3 minutes
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab15584) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Calf thymus histone at 0.4 µg
Lane 2 : C3H10T1/2 histones at 0.4 µg
Lane 3 : 293 histones at 0.4 µg
Lane 4 : Yeast extracts from 1 x 106 cells
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Histone H3 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab15584.
Secondary: Clean-Blot IP Detection Reagent (HRP) at 1/500 dilution.
Band: 17kDa; Histone H3
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab15584 staining histone H3 mono methyl R2 in human testis, showing a distinct and strong nuclear staining pattern in ductus seminiferus and leydig cells. Paraffin embedded human skin tissue was incubated with ab15584 (1/80 dilution) for 30 mins at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6..
ab15584 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines. Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
ICC/IF image of ab15584 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15584, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab15584)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chignola F et al. The solution structure of the first PHD finger of autoimmune regulator in complex with non-modified histone H3 tail reveals the antagonistic role of H3R2 methylation. Nucleic Acids Res 37:2951-61 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19293276) »
- Iberg AN et al. Arginine methylation of the histone h3 tail impedes effector binding. J Biol Chem 283:3006-10 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 18077460) »