Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S28) antibody [117C826] (ab13924)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (phospho S28) antibody [117C826]See all Histone H3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [117C826] to Histone H3 (phospho S28)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide containing phosphorylated serine at position 28 (Human).
- Positive controlAnti-Fas mAb treated Jurkat cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is affinity purified.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number117C826
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13924 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16.3 kDa).|
- FunctionVariant histone H3 which replaces conventional H3 in a wide range of nucleosomes in active genes. Constitutes the predominant form of histone H3 in non-dividing cells and is incorporated into chromatin independently of DNA synthesis. Deposited at sites of nucleosomal displacement throughout transcribed genes, suggesting that it represents an epigenetic imprint of transcriptionally active chromatin. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed throughout the cell cycle independently of DNA synthesis.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Specifically enriched in modifications associated with active chromatin such as methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 and Lys-80. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me), which are linked to gene repression, are underrepresented. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin. Phosphorylation on Ser-32 (H3S31ph) is specific to regions bordering centromeres in metaphase chromosomes.
Ubiquitinated. Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- H3 3 like sequence MH921 antibodyH3 3 like sequence MH921 antibodyH3 3A antibody
- H3 3A antibodyH3 a antibodyH3 b antibodyH3 c antibodyH3 d antibodyH3 f antibodyH3 h antibodyH3 histone family member E pseudogene antibodyH3 histone family member E pseudogene antibodyH3 i antibodyH3 j antibodyH3 k antibodyH3 l antibodyH33_HUMAN antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3f3b antibodyHistone H3 3 pseudogene antibodyHistone H3 3 pseudogene antibodyHistone H3.3 antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S28) antibody [117C826] images
Predicted band size : 16.3 kDa
Detection of Histone H3 phosphorylation in Jurkat cell lysate with ab13924. Lane 1: untreated cell lysate; lane 2: Anti-Fas antibody treated Jurkat cell lysate.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S28) antibody [117C826] (ab13924)
ab13924 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.