Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody (ab71998)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibodySee all Histone H3 (methylated) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (methylated)
- Specificityab71998 is specific for Histone H3 tri-methylated at K4. It does not cross react to nonmethylated H3 or mono-, di-methylated Histone H3.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis, Arabidopsis thaliana, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
A synthetic peptide containing RT[Me3-K]QT in which Me3-K corresponds to trimethyl lysine 4 of human histone H3.
- Positive control3T3 Nuclear Extract and 3T3 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2 containing antibody stabilizer
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab71998 is purified by Site-modification specific Affinity Chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71998 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa). IP is recommended before WB. This antibody is not ChIP grade. Results shown in the image indicate a slight enrichment at heterchromatic loci. This suggests the antibody may exhibit some cross-reactivity with histone modifications localized at these regions. We would welcome feedback about this antibodies performance in ChIP.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 427887 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 326601 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 319152 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319153 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 360198 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97908 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100364501 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365669 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 291159 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 679994 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 680511 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 682330 Rat
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: P59226 Arabidopsis thaliana
- SwissProt: P84229 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68432 Cow
- SwissProt: P02299 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: Q93081 Human
- SwissProt: Q16695 Human
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: P68433 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6LED0 Rat
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 221301 Mouse
- Unigene: 261657 Mouse
- Unigene: 377874 Mouse
- Unigene: 390558 Mouse
- Unigene: 397328 Mouse
- Unigene: 138090 Rat
- FLJ92264 antibodyH3 histone antibodyH3 histone family, member A antibody
- H3/a antibodyH3/b antibodyH3/c antibodyH3/d antibodyh3/f antibodyH3/h antibodyH3/i antibodyH3/j antibodyH3/k antibodyH3/l antibodyH31_HUMAN antibodyH3F1K antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3FA antibodyH3FB antibodyH3FC antibodyH3FD antibodyH3FF antibodyH3FH antibodyH3FI antibodyH3FJ antibodyH3FK antibodyH3FL antibodyHIST1H3A antibodyHIST1H3B antibodyHIST1H3C antibodyHIST1H3D antibodyHIST1H3E antibodyHIST1H3F antibodyHIST1H3G antibodyHIST1H3H antibodyHIST1H3I antibodyHIST1H3J antibodyHIST3H3 antibodyHistone 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3b antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3c antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3d antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3e antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3f antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3g antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3i antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3j antibodyHistone H 3 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3/a antibodyHistone H3/b antibodyHistone H3/c antibodyHistone H3/d antibodyHistone H3/f antibodyHistone H3/h antibodyHistone H3/i antibodyHistone H3/j antibodyHistone H3/k antibodyHistone H3/l antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody images
ab71998 at 1/100 dilution staining Histone H3 in 3T3 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. A FITC labeled goat anti Rb IgG was used for visualization under fluorescent microscope.
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody (ab71998) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 3T3 nuclear extract immunoprecipitated using 4 µg ab71998
Lane 2 : 3T3 nuclear extract immunoprecipitated using control Rabbit IgG
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 22 kDa (possible IgG),50 kDa (possible IgG).
Chromatin was prepared from Jurkat cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10min. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 2µg of ab71998 (blue), and 20µl of protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach for active and inactive loci, Sybr green approach for heterochromatic loci). Primers and probes are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody (ab71998)
This product has been referenced in:
- Franklin S et al. Quantitative analysis of the chromatin proteome in disease reveals remodeling principles and identifies high mobility group protein B2 as a regulator of hypertrophic growth. Mol Cell Proteomics : (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22270000) »