Anti-Hsc70 antibody [EP1531Y] (ab51052)
- Product nameAnti-Hsc70 antibody [EP1531Y]See all Hsc70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1531Y] to Hsc70
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C terminus of human Hsc70.
- Positive control
- WB: HeLa cell lysate IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1531Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51052 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/30.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 71 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionActs as a repressor of transcriptional activation. Inhibits the transcriptional coactivator activity of CITED1 on Smad-mediated transcription. Chaperone. Isoform 2 may function as an endogenous inhibitory regulator of HSC70 by competing the co-chaperones.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- DomainThe N-terminal 1-386 residues constitute the ATPase domain, while residues 387-646 form the peptide-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Translocates rapidly from the cytoplasm to the nuclei, and especially to the nucleoli, upon heat shock. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Entrez Gene: 3312 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15481 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24468 Rat
- Omim: 600816 Human
- SwissProt: P11142 Human
- SwissProt: P63017 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63018 Rat
- Unigene: 180414 Human
- Unigene: 290774 Mouse
- Unigene: 336743 Mouse
- Unigene: 351377 Mouse
- Unigene: 412745 Mouse
- Unigene: 120392 Rat
- Unigene: 201298 Rat
- 2410008N15Rik antibody
- Constitutive heat shock protein 70 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 10 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock cognate 71 kDa protein antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 54 antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 71 kDa antibody
- Heat shock protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock protein A8 antibody
- Heat-shock70-KD protein 10, formerly antibody
- HSC54 antibody
- HSC71 antibody
- Hsc73 antibody
- HSP71 antibody
- HSP73 antibody
- HSP7C_HUMAN antibody
- HSPA10 antibody
- HSPA8 antibody
- LAP1 antibody
- Lipopolysaccharide associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein antibody
- MGC102007 antibody
- MGC106514 antibody
- MGC114311 antibody
- MGC118485 antibody
- MGC131511 antibody
- MGC29929 antibody
- N-myristoyltransferase inhibitor protein 71 antibody
- NIP71 antibody
Anti-Hsc70 antibody [EP1531Y] images
Anti-Hsc70 antibody [EP1531Y] (ab51052) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 71 kDa
Observed band size : 71 kDa
Ab51052 (1/250) staining Hsc70 in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab51052 (1/100).
References for Anti-Hsc70 antibody [EP1531Y] (ab51052)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jakobsson ME et al. Identification and characterization of a novel human methyltransferase modulating Hsp70 protein function through lysine methylation. J Biol Chem 288:27752-63 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23921388) »
- Leu JI et al. HSP70 Inhibition by the Small-Molecule 2-Phenylethynesulfonamide Impairs Protein Clearance Pathways in Tumor Cells. Mol Cancer Res 9:936-47 (2011). Human . Read more (PubMed: 21636681) »