Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab1427)
- Product nameAnti-Hsc70 antibodySee all Hsc70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsc70
- SpecificityThe antibody detects a 73 kDa protein, corresponding to the apparent molecular weight of Hsc70 on SDS-PAGE immunoblots. No reactivity with inducible Hsp70 is detected.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, Pig, Monkey
Synthetic peptide: EKLQGKINDEDKQKI, corresponding to amino acids 555-570 of Human Hsc70
- General notes
The 70 kDa heat shock cognate protein, Hsc70, is closely related to Hsp70 and is part of the Hsp70 family. The family contains a number of highly-related protein isoforms ranging in size from 66 kDa to 78 kDa. These proteins include both cognate members which are found within major intracellular compartments and highly inducible isoforms which appear to be predominantly cytoplasmic or nuclear in distribution. Members of the Hsp70 family are molecular chaperones which are involved in many cellular functions such as protein folding, transport, maturation and degradation and they exert their function in an AATP-dependent manner.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- Primary antibody notes The 70 kDa heat shock cognate protein, Hsc70, is closely related to Hsp70 and is part of the Hsp70 family. The family contains a number of highly-related protein isoforms ranging in size from 66 kDa to 78 kDa. These proteins include both cognate members which are found within major intracellular compartments and highly inducible isoforms which appear to be predominantly cytoplasmic or nuclear in distribution. Members of the Hsp70 family are molecular chaperones which are involved in many cellular functions such as protein folding, transport, maturation and degradation and they exert their function in an AATP-dependent manner.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1427 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionActs as a repressor of transcriptional activation. Inhibits the transcriptional coactivator activity of CITED1 on Smad-mediated transcription. Chaperone. Isoform 2 may function as an endogenous inhibitory regulator of HSC70 by competing the co-chaperones.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- DomainThe N-terminal 1-386 residues constitute the ATPase domain, while residues 387-646 form the peptide-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Translocates rapidly from the cytoplasm to the nuclei, and especially to the nucleoli, upon heat shock. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Entrez Gene: 281831 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 3312 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15481 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24468 Rat
- Omim: 600816 Human
- SwissProt: P19120 Cow
- SwissProt: P11142 Human
- SwissProt: P63017 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63018 Rat
- Unigene: 180414 Human
- Unigene: 290774 Mouse
- Unigene: 336743 Mouse
- Unigene: 351377 Mouse
- Unigene: 412745 Mouse
- Unigene: 120392 Rat
- Unigene: 201298 Rat
- 2410008N15Rik antibody
- Constitutive heat shock protein 70 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 10 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock cognate 71 kDa protein antibody
- Heat shock cognate 71 kDa protein. antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 54 antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 71 kDa antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 71-kDa antibody
- Heat shock protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock protein A8 antibody
- Heat-shock70-KD protein 10, formerly antibody
- HSC54 antibody
- HSC71 antibody
- Hsc73 antibody
- HSP71 antibody
- HSP73 antibody
- HSP7C_HUMAN antibody
- HSPA10 antibody
- HSPA8 antibody
- LAP1 antibody
- Lipopolysaccharide associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein antibody
- MGC102007 antibody
- MGC106514 antibody
- MGC114311 antibody
- MGC118485 antibody
- MGC131511 antibody
- MGC29929 antibody
- N-myristoyltransferase inhibitor protein 71 antibody
- NIP71 antibody
Anti-Hsc70 antibody images
Ab1427 staining human normal testis tissue. Staining is localised to cytoplasmic and nuclear compartments.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab1427) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : U2OS cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal to Rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 71 kDa
Observed band size : 71 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab1427)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dermentzaki G et al. Loss of ß-glucocerebrosidase activity does not affect alpha-synuclein levels or lysosomal function in neuronal cells. PLoS One 8:e60674 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23580063) »
- Acuña Sanhueza GA et al. Opposing function of MYBBP1A in proliferation and migration of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer 12:72 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22339894) »