Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab52057)
- Product nameAnti-Hsc70 antibodySee all Hsc70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Hsc70
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise isoform 1 (NP_006588.1) only.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide: C-EKLQGKINDEDKQK, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 556-569 of Human Hsc70
- Positive control
- A431 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1.0 - 3.0 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActs as a repressor of transcriptional activation. Inhibits the transcriptional coactivator activity of CITED1 on Smad-mediated transcription. Chaperone. Isoform 2 may function as an endogenous inhibitory regulator of HSC70 by competing the co-chaperones.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- DomainThe N-terminal 1-386 residues constitute the ATPase domain, while residues 387-646 form the peptide-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Translocates rapidly from the cytoplasm to the nuclei, and especially to the nucleoli, upon heat shock. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Entrez Gene: 281831 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 3312 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15481 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24468 Rat
- Omim: 600816 Human
- SwissProt: P19120 Cow
- SwissProt: P11142 Human
- SwissProt: P63017 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63018 Rat
- Unigene: 180414 Human
- Unigene: 290774 Mouse
- Unigene: 336743 Mouse
- Unigene: 351377 Mouse
- Unigene: 412745 Mouse
- Unigene: 120392 Rat
- Unigene: 201298 Rat
- 2410008N15Rik antibody
- Constitutive heat shock protein 70 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 10 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock cognate 71 kDa protein antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 54 antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 71 kDa antibody
- Heat shock protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock protein A8 antibody
- Heat-shock70-KD protein 10, formerly antibody
- HSC54 antibody
- HSC71 antibody
- Hsc73 antibody
- HSP71 antibody
- HSP73 antibody
- HSP7C_HUMAN antibody
- HSPA10 antibody
- HSPA8 antibody
- LAP1 antibody
- Lipopolysaccharide associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein antibody
- MGC102007 antibody
- MGC106514 antibody
- MGC114311 antibody
- MGC118485 antibody
- MGC131511 antibody
- MGC29929 antibody
- N-myristoyltransferase inhibitor protein 71 antibody
- NIP71 antibody
Anti-Hsc70 antibody images
Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab52057) at 2 µg/ml + A431 cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 71 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab52057)
ab52057 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.