Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab98156)
- Product nameAnti-Hsc70 antibodySee all Hsc70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsc70
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Arabidopsis thaliana, Caenorhabditis elegans, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the N terminal amino acids 143-192 (VVTVPAYFND SQRQATKDAG TIAGLNVLRI INEPTAAAIA YGLDKKVGAE) of Human Hsc70 (NP_006588).
- Positive control
- COLO205 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionActs as a repressor of transcriptional activation. Inhibits the transcriptional coactivator activity of CITED1 on Smad-mediated transcription. Chaperone. Isoform 2 may function as an endogenous inhibitory regulator of HSC70 by competing the co-chaperones.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- DomainThe N-terminal 1-386 residues constitute the ATPase domain, while residues 387-646 form the peptide-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Translocates rapidly from the cytoplasm to the nuclei, and especially to the nucleoli, upon heat shock. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Entrez Gene: 3312 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15481 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24468 Rat
- Omim: 600816 Human
- SwissProt: P11142 Human
- SwissProt: P63017 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63018 Rat
- Unigene: 180414 Human
- Unigene: 290774 Mouse
- Unigene: 336743 Mouse
- Unigene: 351377 Mouse
- Unigene: 412745 Mouse
- Unigene: 120392 Rat
- Unigene: 201298 Rat
- 2410008N15Rik antibody
- Constitutive heat shock protein 70 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 10 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock cognate 71 kDa protein antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 54 antibody
- Heat shock cognate protein 71 kDa antibody
- Heat shock protein 8 antibody
- Heat shock protein A8 antibody
- Heat-shock70-KD protein 10, formerly antibody
- HSC54 antibody
- HSC71 antibody
- Hsc73 antibody
- HSP71 antibody
- HSP73 antibody
- HSP7C_HUMAN antibody
- HSPA10 antibody
- HSPA8 antibody
- LAP1 antibody
- Lipopolysaccharide associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein antibody
- MGC102007 antibody
- MGC106514 antibody
- MGC114311 antibody
- MGC118485 antibody
- MGC131511 antibody
- MGC29929 antibody
- N-myristoyltransferase inhibitor protein 71 antibody
- NIP71 antibody
Anti-Hsc70 antibody images
Anti-HSPA8 / HSC70 antibody IHC staining of human tonsil. Immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed/paraffin-embedded tissue after heat-induced antigen retrieval. Antibody concentration 5 ug/ml.
Anti-HSPA8 / HSC70 antibody IHC staining of human spleen. Immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed/paraffin-embedded tissue after heat-induced antigen retrieval. Antibodyconcentration 5 ug/ml.
Application: IHC. Species+tissue/cell type: Human brain stem cells. Primary antibody dilution: 1:500. Secondary antibody: Goat anti-rabbit Alexa-Fluor 594. Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab98156) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + COLO205 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 71 kDa
Gel concentration: 12%
All lanes : Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab98156) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysates prepared from Lamprey CNS.
Lane 2 : Lysates prepared from rat brain.
Predicted band size : 71 kDa
References for Anti-Hsc70 antibody (ab98156)
ab98156 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.