Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BRM-22] (ab6535)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp70 antibody [BRM-22]See all Hsp70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BRM-22] to Hsp70
- SpecificityMonoclonal Anti-Heat Shock Protein 70 (HSP70) 70 reacts specifically against HSP70 in ELISA and immuno-blotting. In immunoblotting the antibody localizes both the constitutive (HSP73) and inducible (HSP72) forms of HSP70. The antibody recognizes brain HSP70 of bovine, human, rat, rabbit, chicken, and guinea pig. It also recognizes HSP70 in Drosophila cell extract, nematode and plant as well as human fibroblast cell extract. Immunofluorescent staining demonstrates a rapid and reversible accumulation of the HSP70 protein within the nucleus of heat-stressed (42°C, 1 hr.) human fibroblasts.
- Tested applicationsICC, Dot Blot, Electron Microscopy, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, Indirect ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Human, Plants
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Caenorhabditis elegans, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
Full length native protein (purified) (Bovine brain).
- General notesMonoclonal Anti-Heat Shock Protein 70 (mouse IgG1 isotype) is derived from the BRM-22 hybridoma produced by the fusion of mouse myeloma cells and splenocytes from BALB/c mice immunized with purified bovine brain HSP70.
Heat shock proteins are produced by prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, and are among the most conserved molecules in phylogeny. Eukaryotic cells contain an HSP70 multigene that differ in their intracellular location and regulation. Members of the HSP70 family play a major role in the folding, unfolding and translocation of polypeptides as well as in the assembly and disassembly of oligomeric protein complexes, as well as in the immune response. HSP72 was found to increase dramatically in the brains of Alzheimer’s disease patients, and was localized exclusively in neuritic plaques and neurofibrillary tangles. HSP70 concentrates in nuclei during heat shock and returns to the cytoplasm when the shock is removed.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Primary antibody notes Heat shock proteins are produced by prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, and are among the most conserved molecules in phylogeny. Eukaryotic cells contain an HSP70 multigene that differ in their intracellular location and regulation. Members of the HSP70 family play a major role in the folding, unfolding and translocation of polypeptides as well as in the assembly and disassembly of oligomeric protein complexes, as well as in the immune response. HSP72 was found to increase dramatically in the brains of Alzheimer’s disease patients, and was localized exclusively in neuritic plaques and neurofibrillary tangles. HSP70 concentrates in nuclei during heat shock and returns to the cytoplasm when the shock is removed.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBRM-22
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6535 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Dot Blot||Dot: 1/5000.|
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Indirect ELISA||I-ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage. In case of rotavirus A infection, serves as a post-attachment receptor for the virus to facilitate entry into the cell.
- Tissue specificityHSPA1B is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 423504 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281825 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 3303 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3304 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100354037 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24472 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 294254 Rat
- Omim: 140550 Human
- SwissProt: Q27975 Cow
- SwissProt: P08107 Human
- SwissProt: Q07439 Rat
- Unigene: 274402 Human
- Unigene: 719966 Human
- Unigene: 728810 Human
- Unigene: 1950 Rat
- Unigene: 228225 Rat
- DAQB 147D11.1 001 antibody
- FLJ54303 antibody
- FLJ54370 antibody
- FLJ54392 antibody
- FLJ54408 antibody
- FLJ75127 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B antibody
- heat shock 70kDa protein 1A antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1B antibody
- Heat shock induced protein antibody
- heat shock protein 70 antibody
- HSP70 1 antibody
- HSP70 2 antibody
- HSP70-1/HSP70-2 antibody
- HSP70-1A antibody
- HSP70.1 antibody
- HSP70.1/HSP70.2 antibody
- HSP70I antibody
- HSP71_HUMAN antibody
- HSP72 antibody
- HSPA1 antibody
- HSPA1A antibody
- HSPA1B antibody
- XXbac BCX40G17.3 001 antibody
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BRM-22] images
ICC/IF image of ab6535 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab6535, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab6535 staining Hsp70 in bovine limbal explant culture by ICC/IF (immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with methanol, permeabilized with 0.1% Tween and blocked with 1% BSA + 10% goat serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in PBS) for 24 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG, dilution 1/250, was used as secondary antibody.
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BRM-22] (ab6535) at 1/5000 dilution
polyclonal goat anti-mouse biotinylated at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 72,73 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 4 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BRM-22] (ab6535)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bauer AJ et al. Pravastatin attenuates hypertension, oxidative stress, and angiogenic imbalance in rat model of placental ischemia-induced hypertension. Hypertension 61:1103-10 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23460290) »
- Soleimani AF et al. The role of heat shock protein 70 in resistance to Salmonella enteritidis in broiler chickens subjected to neonatal feed restriction and thermal stress. Poult Sci 91:340-5 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22252346) »