Anti-Hsp70 antibody [EP1007Y] (ab45133)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp70 antibody [EP1007Y]See all Hsp70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1007Y] to Hsp70
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IP, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C terminal of human Hsp70.
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate,human prostate carcinoma.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1007Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45133 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10.|
|WB||WB: 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage. In case of rotavirus A infection, serves as a post-attachment receptor for the virus to facilitate entry into the cell.
- Tissue specificityHSPA1B is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 3303 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3304 Human
- Entrez Gene: 193740 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 15511 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24472 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 294254 Rat
- Omim: 140550 Human
- SwissProt: P08107 Human
- SwissProt: Q61696 Mouse
- SwissProt: P17879 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q07439 Rat
- Unigene: 274402 Human
- Unigene: 719966 Human
- Unigene: 728810 Human
- Unigene: 1950 Rat
- Unigene: 228225 Rat
- DnaK type molecular chaperone HSP70 1 antibodyFLJ54303 antibodyFLJ54370 antibody
- FLJ54392 antibodyFLJ54408 antibodyFLJ75127 antibodyHeat shock 70 kDa protein 1 antibodyHeat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2 antibodyHeat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B antibodyHeat shock 70kDa protein 1A antibodyHeat shock 70kDa protein 1B antibodyHeat shock induced protein antibodyHSP70 1 antibodyHSP70 2 antibodyHSP70-1/HSP70-2 antibodyHSP70-1A antibodyHSP70.1 antibodyHSP70.1/HSP70.2 antibodyHSP70I antibodyHSP71_HUMAN antibodyHSP72 antibodyHSPA1 antibodyHSPA1A antibodyHSPA1B antibody
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [EP1007Y] images
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [EP1007Y] (ab45133) at 1/20000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labelled, at 1/2000 dilution
Observed band size : 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab45133 at a 1/100 dilution staining human Hsp70 in human prostate carcinoma by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-Hsp70 antibody [EP1007Y] (ab45133)
This product has been referenced in:
- Leu JI et al. A small molecule inhibitor of inducible heat shock protein 70. Mol Cell 36:15-27 (2009). WB, IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19818706) »
- Zhang C et al. Sodium butyrate upregulates expression of NKG2D ligand MICA/B in HeLa and HepG2 cell lines and increases their susceptibility to NK lysis. Cancer Immunol Immunother 58:1275-85 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19139882) »