Anti-Hsp70 antibody [W27] (ab3148)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp70 antibody [W27]See all Hsp70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [W27] to Hsp70
- SpecificityRecognizes both the constitutive (HSP73), and inducible (HSP72) forms of HSP70.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Cow
HSP70 protein from HeLa cells.
- Positive control
- BT474 or HeLa cells. Breast carcinoma.
- General notes
Heat shock proteins (HSP's) or stress response proteins (SRP's) are synthesized in variety of environmental and pathophysiological stressful conditions. Many HSP's are involved in processes such as protein denaturation-renaturation, folding-unfolding, transport-translocation, activation-inactivation, and secretion. HSP70 is found to be associated with steroid receptors,actin, p53, polyoma T antigen, nucleotides, and other unknown proteins. Also, HSP70 has been shown to be involved in protective roles against thermal stress, cytotoxic drugs, and other damaging conditions.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes Heat shock proteins (HSP's) or stress response proteins (SRP's) are synthesized in variety of environmental and pathophysiological stressful conditions. Many HSP's are involved in processes such as protein denaturation-renaturation, folding-unfolding, transport-translocation, activation-inactivation, and secretion. HSP70 is found to be associated with steroid receptors,actin, p53, polyoma T antigen, nucleotides, and other unknown proteins. Also, HSP70 has been shown to be involved in protective roles against thermal stress, cytotoxic drugs, and other damaging conditions.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberW27
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3148 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Immunoprecipitation (Native and denatured): use at a concentration of 2µg / mg.
Western Blotting: use at a concentration of 0.5 - 1µg / ml for 2hrs at RT.
By Western blot, this antibody detects a band of 73 kDa (constitutive), 72 kDa(inducible), which corresponds to the predicted molecular weight of Hsp 70.
Immunohistochemistry (formalin fixed paraffin embedded): use at a concentration of 2 - 4µg / ml for 30 min at RT.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions / concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
- FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage. In case of rotavirus A infection, serves as a post-attachment receptor for the virus to facilitate entry into the cell.
- Tissue specificityHSPA1B is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- DAQB 147D11.1 001 antibody
- FLJ54303 antibody
- FLJ54370 antibody
- FLJ54392 antibody
- FLJ54408 antibody
- FLJ75127 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B antibody
- heat shock 70kDa protein 1A antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1B antibody
- Heat shock induced protein antibody
- heat shock protein 70 antibody
- HSP70 1 antibody
- HSP70 2 antibody
- HSP70-1/HSP70-2 antibody
- HSP70-1A antibody
- HSP70.1 antibody
- HSP70.1/HSP70.2 antibody
- HSP70I antibody
- HSP71_HUMAN antibody
- HSP72 antibody
- HSPA1 antibody
- HSPA1A antibody
- HSPA1B antibody
- XXbac BCX40G17.3 001 antibody
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [W27] images
All lanes : Anti-Hsp70 antibody [W27] (ab3148) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HCT 116 (Human Colorectal Carcinoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
Observed band size : 73 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Hsp70 antibody [W27] (ab3148)
ab3148 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.