Anti-Hsp70 antibody (ab31010)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp70 antibodySee all Hsp70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp70
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: CQEVISWLDANTLAEKDE, corresponding to amino acids 574-591 of Human Hsp70
- Positive control
- Hela cells. Breast cancer.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesab31010 is an affinity purified IgG.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31010 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min and then cool at RT for 20 min.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage. In case of rotavirus A infection, serves as a post-attachment receptor for the virus to facilitate entry into the cell.
- Tissue specificityHSPA1B is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 281825 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403612 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 3303 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3304 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15511 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 193740 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24472 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 294254 Rat
- Omim: 140550 Human
- SwissProt: Q27975 Cow
- SwissProt: Q7YQC6 Dog
- SwissProt: P08107 Human
- SwissProt: P17879 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q61696 Mouse
- SwissProt: P34930 Pig
- SwissProt: Q07439 Rat
- Unigene: 274402 Human
- Unigene: 719966 Human
- Unigene: 728810 Human
- Unigene: 1950 Rat
- Unigene: 228225 Rat
- DAQB 147D11.1 001 antibody
- FLJ54303 antibody
- FLJ54370 antibody
- FLJ54392 antibody
- FLJ54408 antibody
- FLJ75127 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B antibody
- heat shock 70kDa protein 1A antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1B antibody
- Heat shock induced protein antibody
- heat shock protein 70 antibody
- HSP70 1 antibody
- HSP70 2 antibody
- Hsp70 antibody
- HSP70-1/HSP70-2 antibody
- HSP70-1A antibody
- HSP70.1 antibody
- HSP70.1/HSP70.2 antibody
- HSP70I antibody
- HSP71_HUMAN antibody
- HSP72 antibody
- HSPA1 antibody
- HSPA1A antibody
- HSPA1B antibody
- XXbac BCX40G17.3 001 antibody
Anti-Hsp70 antibody images
Hsp70 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Hsp70 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab31010.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 70kDa; Hsp70
Tissue: Human breast cancer (formalin fixed/paraffin).
Staining: ab31010 at 1/100 dilution for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Anti-Hsp70 antibody (ab31010) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
Observed band size : 72 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 76 kDa (possible post-translational modification).
Anti-Hsp70 antibody (ab31010) at 1/25 dilution + 293 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa
References for Anti-Hsp70 antibody (ab31010)
This product has been referenced in:
- Madrigal-Matute J et al. Heat shock protein 90 inhibitors attenuate inflammatory responses in atherosclerosis. Cardiovasc Res 86:330-7 (2010). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20154064) »
- Chu Y et al. Alterations in lysosomal and proteasomal markers in Parkinson's disease: relationship to alpha-synuclein inclusions. Neurobiol Dis 35:385-98 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19505575) »