Anti-Hsp90 antibody (ab34909)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp90 antibodySee all Hsp90 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp90
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Monkey
Synthetic peptide: elnktkpiwtrn, corresponding to amino acids 289-300 of Human Hsp90
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34909 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 95 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/5000 - 1/25000.|
- RelevanceIn mammalian cells there are at least two Hsp90 isoforms, Hsp90a and Hsp90b which are encoded by separate genes. These ubiquitous and highly conserved proteins account for 1-2% of all cellular proteins in most cells. Hsp90 is part of the cells powerful network of chaperones to fight the deleterious consequences of protein unfolding caused by nonphysiological conditions. However, in the absence of stress, Hsp90 is a necessary component of fundamental cellular processes such as hormone signaling and cell cycle control. In this context several key regulatory proteins such as steriod receptors, cell cycle kinases involved in signal transduction and p53 have been identified as substrates of Hsp90. It has been suggested that Hsp90 acts as a capacitor for morphological evolution by buffering widespread variation, which may affect morphogenic pathways.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 396188 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 3320 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3326 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15519 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 15516 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 301252 Rat
- Omim: 140571 Human
- Omim: 140572 Human
- SwissProt: P11501 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q04619 Chicken
- SwissProt: P07900 Human
- SwissProt: P08238 Human
- SwissProt: P07901 Mouse
- SwissProt: P11499 Mouse
- SwissProt: P82995 Rat
- SwissProt: P34058 Rat
- D6S182 antibodyFLJ26984 antibodyFLJ31884 antibody
- heat shock 90kDa protein 1 alpha antibodyHeat shock protein 90kDa alpha cytosolic class A member 1 antibodyHeat shock protein 90kDa alpha cytosolic class B member 1 antibodyHeat shock protein HSP 90 alpha antibodyHeat shock protein HSP 90 beta antibodyHSP 84 antibodyHSP 86 antibodyHsp 90 antibodyHSP84 antibodyHSP86 antibodyHsp89 antibodyHsp90 antibodyHSP90 Beta antibodyHSP90A antibodyHSP90AA1 antibodyHSP90AB1 antibodyHSP90B antibodyHSP90N antibodyHSPC1 antibodyHSPC2 antibodyHSPCA antibodyHSPCAL1 antibodyHSPCAL4 antibodyHSPCB antibodyHSPN antibodyLAP2 antibodyLipopolysaccharide associated protein2 antibodyLPS associated protein 2 antibodyNY REN 38 antigen antibody
Anti-Hsp90 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Hsp90 antibody (ab34909) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Cos7 cells transfected with mutant K294R Hsp90, treated with Trichostatin A (an HDAC inhibitor)
Lane 2 : Cos7 cells transfected with mutant K294R Hsp90, mock treated with DMSO only
Lane 3 : Cos7 cells transfected wild type Hp90, treated with Trichostatin A (an HDAC inhibitor)
Lane 4 : Cos7 cells transfected wild type Hp90, mock treated with DMSO only
Lane 5 : Cos 7 cells transfected with empty vector, treated with Trichostatin A (an HDAC inhibitor)
Lane 6 : Cos 7 cells transfected with empty vector, mock treated with DMSO only
Predicted band size : 95 kDa
Observed band size : 95 kDa