Anti-Human IgE antibody [4G7] (ab773)
- Product nameAnti-Human IgE antibody [4G7]See all Human IgE primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4G7] to Human IgE
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with human IgE. Specificity was confirmed by ELISA
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Human).
- General notesThis antibody recognizes an epitope different from the one recognized by ab774 and ab775.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites by DEAE chromatography and precipitation methods.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4G7
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab773 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceIgE is typically the least abundant isotype - blood serum IgE levels in a normal ("non-atopic") individual are ~150 ng/ml, compared to 10 mg/ml for the IgGs - it is capable of triggering the most powerful immune reactions. Most of our knowledge of IgE has come from research into the mechanism of a form of allergy known as type 1 hypersensitivity. There is much speculation into what physiological benefits IgE contributes, and so far, circumstantial evidence in animal models and statistical population trends have hinted that IgE may be beneficial in fighting gut parasites such as Schistosoma mansoni, but this has not been conclusively proven in humans. IgE may play an important role in the immune system's recognition of cancer, in which the stimulation of a strong cytotoxic response against cells displaying only small amounts of early cancer markers would be beneficial. IgE may be an important target in treatments for allergy and asthma.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Ig epsilon chain C region antibodyIGHE antibodyImmunoglobulin epsilon antibodyImmunoglobulin heavy constant epsilon antibody
References for Anti-Human IgE antibody [4G7] (ab773)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mueller GA et al. Hydrogen exchange nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy mapping of antibody epitopes on the house dust mite allergen Der p 2. J Biol Chem 276:9359-65 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11134039) »
- Smith AM et al. The molecular basis of antigenic cross-reactivity between the group 2 mite allergens. J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:977-84 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11398074) »