Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab19179)
- Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibodySee all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
- SpecificityBy immunoelectrophoresis, the antiserum reacts specifically with human albumin. No antibody was detected against other serum proteins.
- Tested applicationsImmunoelectrophoresis, Double Immunodiffusion more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antiserum was fractionated and passed over DEAE to yield an IgG fraction.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19179 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- ALB antibodyALBU_HUMAN antibodyAlbumin (32 AA) antibody
- Albumin (AA 34) antibodyAlbumin antibodyAnalbuminemia antibodyBisalbuminemia antibodyCell growth inhibiting protein 42 antibodyDKFZp779N1935 antibodyDysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia antibodyGrowth inhibiting protein 20 antibodyHSA antibodyHyperthyroxinemia dysalbuminemic antibodyPRO0883 antibodyPRO0903 antibodyPRO1341 antibodyPRO2044 antibodyPRO2619 antibodySerum albumin antibody
References for Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab19179)
ab19179 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.