Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab19179)
- Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibodySee all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
- SpecificityBy immunoelectrophoresis, the antiserum reacts specifically with human albumin. No antibody was detected against other serum proteins.
- Tested applicationsImmunoelectrophoresis, Double Immunodiffusion more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antiserum was fractionated and passed over DEAE to yield an IgG fraction.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19179 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- ALB antibody
- ALBU_HUMAN antibody
- Albumin (32 AA) antibody
- Albumin (AA 34) antibody
- Albumin antibody
- Analbuminemia antibody
- Bisalbuminemia antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 42 antibody
- DKFZp779N1935 antibody
- Dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia antibody
- Growth inhibiting protein 20 antibody
- HSA antibody
- Hyperthyroxinemia dysalbuminemic antibody
- PRO0883 antibody
- PRO0903 antibody
- PRO1341 antibody
- PRO2044 antibody
- PRO2619 antibody
- Serum albumin antibody
References for Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab19179)
ab19179 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.