Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab36532)
- Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibodySee all IGF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to IGF1
- SpecificityAs determined by EIA, this antibody shows 100 % reactivity with rat and mouse IGF1. It also shows <0.4 % cross reactivity with rat IGF2, and <0.05 % cross reactivity with human IGF1 or IGF2.
- Tested applicationsDot Blot, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Does not react withHuman
Recombinant full length protein (Rat).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36532 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot Blot||Dot: 1/5000.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 7.5 kDa.
Detects 250 ng IGF1. The predicted MW corresponds to the mature form of the protein.
- FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF 1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
- IGF IB antibody
- IGF-I antibody
- Igf1 antibody
- IGF1_HUMAN antibody
- IGFI antibody
- IGFIA antibody
- Insulin like growth factor 1 (somatomedin C) antibody
- Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 antibody
- Insulin like growth factor IA antibody
- Insulin like growth factor IB antibody
- Insulin-like growth factor I antibody
- Mechano growth factor antibody
- MGF antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195080 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195081 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195082 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195083 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195084 antibody
- Somatomedia C antibody
- Somatomedin C antibody
- Somatomedin-C antibody
Anti-IGF1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab36532) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat IGF1 at 1.5 µg
Lane 2 : Rat IGF1 at 0.75 µg
Lane 3 : Rat IGF1 at 0.375 µg
Lane 4 : Rat IGF1 at 0.1875 µg
Lane 5 : Rat IGF1 at 0.09375 µg
HRP-conjugated anti-mouse IgG at 1/2000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 7.5 kDa
Monomer, dimer and trimer bands present.
References for Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab36532)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fernández S et al. A phosphatase-independent gain-of-function mutation in PTEN triggers aberrant cell growth in astrocytes through an autocrine IGF-1 loop. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24056966) »
- Hamzeh M & Robaire B Identification of early response genes and pathway activated by androgens in the initial segment and caput regions of the regressed rat epididymis. Endocrinology 151:4504-14 (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20660069) »