Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab9572)
- Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibodySee all IGF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGF1
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, Neutralising, ICC/IF, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIGF-1 (human Insulin Like Growth Factor-1).
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.4, no preservative, sterile filtered
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9572 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. To detect hIGF-1 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIGF-1 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent concentration. To yield one-half maximal inhibition of the biological activity of hIGF-1 (5.0 ng/ml), a concentration of 0.67 - 1.0 ug/ml of this antibody is required.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to IGF1 (Biotin) (ab83137). Allows for the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant IGF1.|
- FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF 1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
- IGF IB antibody
- IGF-I antibody
- Igf1 antibody
- IGF1_HUMAN antibody
- IGFI antibody
- IGFIA antibody
- Insulin like growth factor 1 (somatomedin C) antibody
- Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 antibody
- Insulin like growth factor IA antibody
- Insulin like growth factor IB antibody
- Insulin-like growth factor I antibody
- Mechano growth factor antibody
- MGF antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195080 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195081 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195082 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195083 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000195084 antibody
- Somatomedia C antibody
- Somatomedia C antibody
- Somatomedin C antibody
- Somatomedin-C antibody
Anti-IGF1 antibody images
Ab9572 staining Human normal liver parenchyma. Staining is localised to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab9572 stained human embryonic stem cells. The cells were fixed in methanol and then incubated in 10% BSA for 1 hour to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab9572, 1/200) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (red) was an Alexa Fluor® 568 goat anti-rabbit used at a 1/400 dilution.
References for Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab9572)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ferraro ZM et al. Excessive gestational weight gain and obesity contribute to altered expression of maternal insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Int J Womens Health 5:657-65 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 24124394) »
- Iekushi K et al. Regulation of cardiac microRNAs by bone marrow mononuclear cell therapy in myocardial infarction. Circulation 125:1765-73, S1-7 (2012). Neutralising ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22403243) »