Anti-IGSF8 antibody (ab74890)
- Product nameAnti-IGSF8 antibodySee all IGSF8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGSF8
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 450 - 550 of Human IGSF8.
(Peptide available as ab74889.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human Brain Tissue Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74890 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).Can be blocked with IGSF8 peptide (ab74889).|
- FunctionMay play a key role in diverse functions ascribed to CD81 and CD9 such as oocytes fertilization or hepatitis C virus function. May regulate proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes. May be a negative regulator of cell motility: suppresses T-cell mobility coordinately with CD81, associates with CD82 to suppress prostate cancer cell migration, regulates epidermoid cell reaggregation and motility on laminin-5 with CD9 and CD81 as key linkers. May also play a role on integrin-dependent morphology and motility functions. May participate in the regulation of neurite outgrowth and maintenance of the neural network in the adult brain.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, kidney, testis, liver and placenta with moderate expression in all other tissues. Detected on a majority of B-cells, T-cells, and natural killer cells but not on monocytes, polynuclear cells and platelets.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainThe Ig-like C2-type domains 3 and 4 are required for interaction with CD81.
The short cytoplasmic domain is very basic, interacts with membrane PIPs, and mediates plasma membrane localization.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- CD316 antibodyCD316 antigen antibodyCD81 partner 3 antibody
- CD81P3 antibodyEWI-2 antibodyEWI2 antibodyGlu-Trp-Ile EWI motif-containing protein 2 antibodyigsf-8 antibodyIgSF8 antibodyIGSF8_HUMAN antibodyImmunoglobulin superfamily member 8 antibodyImmunoglobulin superfamily member 8 precursor antibodyKCT-4 antibodyKCT4 antibodyKeratinocytes-associated transmembrane protein 4 antibodyLIR-D1 antibodyPGRL antibodyProstaglandin regulatory-like protein antibody
Anti-IGSF8 antibody images
Anti-IGSF8 antibody (ab74890) at 1 µg/ml +
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 65 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-IGSF8 antibody (ab74890)
ab74890 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.