Anti-IKK alpha antibody [3G12H9] (ab105923)
- Product nameAnti-IKK alpha antibody [3G12H9]See all IKK alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G12H9] to IKK alpha
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human IKK alpha expressed in E. Coli.
- Positive controlWB: Raji, Jurkat, THP-1 and K562 cell lysates IF: NIH3T3 cells FC: A549 cells
- Storage instructionsStore at 4°C. Aliquot and store at -20°C long-term.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3G12H9
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105923 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. As part of the non-canonical pathway of NF-kappa-B activation, the MAP3K14-activated CHUK/IKKA homodimer phosphorylates NFKB2/p100 associated with RelB, inducing its proteolytic processing to NFKB2/p52 and the formation of NF-kappa-B RelB-p52 complexes. Also phosphorylates NCOA3. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B-regulated promoters during inflammatory responses triggered by cytokines.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHUK are the cause of cocoon syndrome (COCOS) [MIM:613630]; also known as fetal encasement syndrome. COCOS is a lethal syndrome characterized by multiple fetal malformations including defective face and seemingly absent limbs, which are bound to the trunk and encased under the skin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAP3K14/NIK, AKT and to a lesser extent by MEKK1, and dephosphorylated by PP2A. Autophosphorylated.
Acetylation of Thr-179 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B signaling pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- chuk antibodyCHUK1 antibodyConserved Helix Loop Helix Ubiquitous Kinase antibody
- Conserved helix loop ubiquitous kinase antibodyConserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase antibodyI Kappa B Kinase 1 antibodyI Kappa B Kinase Alpha antibodyI-kappa-B kinase 1 antibodyI-kappa-B kinase alpha antibodyIkappaB kinase antibodyIkB kinase alpha subunit antibodyIkBKA antibodyIKK 1 antibodyIKK A antibodyIKK a kinase antibodyIKK-A antibodyIKK-alpha antibodyIKK1 antibodyIKKA antibodyIKKA_HUMAN antibodyInhibitor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibodyInhibitor Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Kinase Alpha Subunit antibodyInhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha antibodyNFKBIKA antibodyNuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibitor Kinase Alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF kappa B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF-kappa-B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NFkappaB inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Chain Gene Enhancer In B Cells Inhibitor antibodyTCF-16 antibodyTCF16 antibodyTranscription factor 16 antibody
Anti-IKK alpha antibody [3G12H9] images
All lanes : Anti-IKK alpha antibody [3G12H9] (ab105923) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : THP-1 cell lysate
Lane 4 : K562 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
ab105923, at a 1/200 dilution, staining IKK alpha in NIH3T3 cells (green). Blue staining is DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye. Red staining is actin filaments labeled with Alexa Fluor-555 phalloidin.
Flow cytometric analysis of A549 cells using ab105923 (blue) and negative control (red).
References for Anti-IKK alpha antibody [3G12H9] (ab105923)
ab105923 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.