Anti-IKK alpha antibody [Y463] (ab32041)
- Product nameAnti-IKK alpha antibody [Y463]See all IKK alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y463] to IKK alpha
- Tested applicationsICC, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the N terminus of human IKK alpha.
- Positive controlWB: Daudi cell lysate. IHC-P: Human stomach carcinoma.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY463
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32041 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 88 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50.|
- FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. As part of the non-canonical pathway of NF-kappa-B activation, the MAP3K14-activated CHUK/IKKA homodimer phosphorylates NFKB2/p100 associated with RelB, inducing its proteolytic processing to NFKB2/p52 and the formation of NF-kappa-B RelB-p52 complexes. Also phosphorylates NCOA3. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B-regulated promoters during inflammatory responses triggered by cytokines.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHUK are the cause of cocoon syndrome (COCOS) [MIM:613630]; also known as fetal encasement syndrome. COCOS is a lethal syndrome characterized by multiple fetal malformations including defective face and seemingly absent limbs, which are bound to the trunk and encased under the skin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAP3K14/NIK, AKT and to a lesser extent by MEKK1, and dephosphorylated by PP2A. Autophosphorylated.
Acetylation of Thr-179 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B signaling pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- chuk antibodyCHUK1 antibodyConserved Helix Loop Helix Ubiquitous Kinase antibody
- Conserved helix loop ubiquitous kinase antibodyConserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase antibodyI Kappa B Kinase 1 antibodyI Kappa B Kinase Alpha antibodyI-kappa-B kinase 1 antibodyI-kappa-B kinase alpha antibodyIkappaB kinase antibodyIkB kinase alpha subunit antibodyIKBKA antibodyIKK 1 antibodyIKK A antibodyIKK a kinase antibodyIKK-A antibodyIKK-alpha antibodyIKK1 antibodyIKKA antibodyIKKA_HUMAN antibodyInhibitor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibodyInhibitor Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Kinase Alpha Subunit antibodyInhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha antibodyNFKBIKA antibodyNuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibitor Kinase Alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF kappa B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF-kappa-B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NFkappaB inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Chain Gene Enhancer In B Cells Inhibitor antibodyTCF-16 antibodyTCF16 antibodyTranscription factor 16 antibody
Anti-IKK alpha antibody [Y463] images
Anti-IKK alpha antibody [Y463] (ab32041) at 1/50000 dilution + Daudi cell lysate
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 88 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab32041, at a dilution of 1/50, staining IKK alpha in paraffin embedded human stomach carcinoma by Immunohistochemisty.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32041 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32041, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Anti-IKK alpha antibody [Y463] (ab32041) at 1/10000 dilution +
IKK alpha protein (Active) (ab102103) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 10 seconds
References for Anti-IKK alpha antibody [Y463] (ab32041)
This product has been referenced in:
- Thorne JL et al. Heterochromatin protein 1 gamma and I?B kinase alpha interdependence during tumour necrosis factor gene transcription elongation in activated macrophages. Nucleic Acids Res : (2012). IP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22649058) »
- Wunderlich FT et al. Hepatic NF-kappa B essential modulator deficiency prevents obesity-induced insulin resistance but synergizes with high-fat feeding in tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1297-302 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18216263) »