Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab14303)
- Product nameAnti-IKK alpha antibodySee all IKK alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to IKK alpha
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: KIVHILNMTS AKIISFLLPP DESLHSLQSR IERETGINTG SQELLSETGI SLDPRKPASQ CVLDGVR, corresponding to amino acids 311-377 of Human IKK alpha.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14303 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
- FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. As part of the non-canonical pathway of NF-kappa-B activation, the MAP3K14-activated CHUK/IKKA homodimer phosphorylates NFKB2/p100 associated with RelB, inducing its proteolytic processing to NFKB2/p52 and the formation of NF-kappa-B RelB-p52 complexes. Also phosphorylates NCOA3. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B-regulated promoters during inflammatory responses triggered by cytokines.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHUK are the cause of cocoon syndrome (COCOS) [MIM:613630]; also known as fetal encasement syndrome. COCOS is a lethal syndrome characterized by multiple fetal malformations including defective face and seemingly absent limbs, which are bound to the trunk and encased under the skin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAP3K14/NIK, AKT and to a lesser extent by MEKK1, and dephosphorylated by PP2A. Autophosphorylated.
Acetylation of Thr-179 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B signaling pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- chuk antibody
- CHUK1 antibody
- Conserved Helix Loop Helix Ubiquitous Kinase antibody
- Conserved helix loop ubiquitous kinase antibody
- Conserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase antibody
- I Kappa B Kinase 1 antibody
- I Kappa B Kinase Alpha antibody
- I-kappa-B kinase 1 antibody
- I-kappa-B kinase alpha antibody
- IkappaB kinase antibody
- IkB kinase alpha subunit antibody
- IKBKA antibody
- IKK 1 antibody
- IKK A antibody
- IKK a kinase antibody
- IKK-A antibody
- IKK-alpha antibody
- IKK1 antibody
- IKKA antibody
- IKKA_HUMAN antibody
- Inhibitor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibody
- Inhibitor Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Kinase Alpha Subunit antibody
- Inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha antibody
- NFKBIKA antibody
- Nuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibitor Kinase Alpha antibody
- Nuclear factor NF kappa B inhibitor kinase alpha antibody
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B inhibitor kinase alpha antibody
- Nuclear factor NFkappaB inhibitor kinase alpha antibody
- Nuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Chain Gene Enhancer In B Cells Inhibitor antibody
- TCF-16 antibody
- TCF16 antibody
- Transcription factor 16 antibody
Anti-IKK alpha antibody images
Predicted band size : 83 kDa
E coli derived fusion protein as test antigen. ab14303 dilution: 1/2000. Colorimetric method for signal development.
References for Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab14303)
ab14303 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.