Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab54628)
- Product nameAnti-IKK alpha antibodySee all IKK alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to IKK alpha
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: RQKEIWHLLK IACTQSSARS LVGSSLEGAV TPQTSAWLPP TSAEHDHSLS CVVTPQDGET SAQMIEENLN CLGHLSTIIH EANEEQGNSM MNLDWSWLTE , corresponding to amino acids 646-745 of Human IKK alpha
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54628 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. As part of the non-canonical pathway of NF-kappa-B activation, the MAP3K14-activated CHUK/IKKA homodimer phosphorylates NFKB2/p100 associated with RelB, inducing its proteolytic processing to NFKB2/p52 and the formation of NF-kappa-B RelB-p52 complexes. Also phosphorylates NCOA3. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B-regulated promoters during inflammatory responses triggered by cytokines.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHUK are the cause of cocoon syndrome (COCOS) [MIM:613630]; also known as fetal encasement syndrome. COCOS is a lethal syndrome characterized by multiple fetal malformations including defective face and seemingly absent limbs, which are bound to the trunk and encased under the skin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAP3K14/NIK, AKT and to a lesser extent by MEKK1, and dephosphorylated by PP2A. Autophosphorylated.
Acetylation of Thr-179 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B signaling pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- chuk antibodyCHUK1 antibodyConserved Helix Loop Helix Ubiquitous Kinase antibody
- Conserved helix loop ubiquitous kinase antibodyConserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase antibodyI Kappa B Kinase 1 antibodyI Kappa B Kinase Alpha antibodyI-kappa-B kinase 1 antibodyI-kappa-B kinase alpha antibodyIkappaB kinase antibodyIkB kinase alpha subunit antibodyIKBKA antibodyIKK 1 antibodyIKK A antibodyIKK a kinase antibodyIKK-A antibodyIKK-alpha antibodyIKK1 antibodyIKKA antibodyIKKA_HUMAN antibodyInhibitor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibodyInhibitor Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Kinase Alpha Subunit antibodyInhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha antibodyNFKBIKA antibodyNuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibitor Kinase Alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF kappa B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF-kappa-B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NFkappaB inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Chain Gene Enhancer In B Cells Inhibitor antibodyTCF-16 antibodyTCF16 antibodyTranscription factor 16 antibody
Anti-IKK alpha antibody images
IKK alpha antibody (ab54628) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human placenta.
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
IKK alpha antibody (ab54628) at 1ug/lane + Jurkat cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
ab54628 at 10 µg/ml staining IKK alpha in human Hela cells by Immunocytochemistry / Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab54628)
ab54628 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.