Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab63537)
- Product nameAnti-IKK alpha antibodySee all IKK alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IKK alpha
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total IKK alpha and IKK beta protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human IKK alpha/IKK beta around the phosphorylation site of serine 176 (Q-G-SP-L-C).
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell lysate or human skeletal muscle tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63537 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. As part of the non-canonical pathway of NF-kappa-B activation, the MAP3K14-activated CHUK/IKKA homodimer phosphorylates NFKB2/p100 associated with RelB, inducing its proteolytic processing to NFKB2/p52 and the formation of NF-kappa-B RelB-p52 complexes. Also phosphorylates NCOA3. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B-regulated promoters during inflammatory responses triggered by cytokines.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHUK are the cause of cocoon syndrome (COCOS) [MIM:613630]; also known as fetal encasement syndrome. COCOS is a lethal syndrome characterized by multiple fetal malformations including defective face and seemingly absent limbs, which are bound to the trunk and encased under the skin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAP3K14/NIK, AKT and to a lesser extent by MEKK1, and dephosphorylated by PP2A. Autophosphorylated.
Acetylation of Thr-179 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B signaling pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- chuk antibody
- CHUK1 antibody
- Conserved Helix Loop Helix Ubiquitous Kinase antibody
- Conserved helix loop ubiquitous kinase antibody
- Conserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase antibody
- I Kappa B Kinase 1 antibody
- I Kappa B Kinase Alpha antibody
- I-kappa-B kinase 1 antibody
- I-kappa-B kinase alpha antibody
- IkappaB kinase antibody
- IkB kinase alpha subunit antibody
- IKBKA antibody
- IKK 1 antibody
- IKK A antibody
- IKK a kinase antibody
- IKK-A antibody
- IKK-alpha antibody
- IKK1 antibody
- IKKA antibody
- IKKA_HUMAN antibody
- Inhibitor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibody
- Inhibitor Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Kinase Alpha Subunit antibody
- Inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha antibody
- NFKBIKA antibody
- Nuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibitor Kinase Alpha antibody
- Nuclear factor NF kappa B inhibitor kinase alpha antibody
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B inhibitor kinase alpha antibody
- Nuclear factor NFkappaB inhibitor kinase alpha antibody
- Nuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Chain Gene Enhancer In B Cells Inhibitor antibody
- TCF-16 antibody
- TCF16 antibody
- Transcription factor 16 antibody
Anti-IKK alpha antibody images
All lanes : Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab63537) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from Jurkat cells (5-30ug), without immunising peptide.
Lane 2 : Extracts from Jurkat cells (5-30ug), with immunising peptide (5-10ug).
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 80 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab63537 (1/50-1/100) staining human IKK alpha/IKK beta in human skeletal muscle tissue by immunohistochemistry using formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissue.
The left hand panel is without immunising peptide, whereas the right hand panel is in the presence of immunising peptide.
References for Anti-IKK alpha antibody (ab63537)
ab63537 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.