Anti-IKK alpha (phospho T23) antibody (ab38515)
- Product nameAnti-IKK alpha (phospho T23) antibodySee all IKK alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IKK alpha (phospho T23)
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for IKK alpha only when phosphorylated at threonine 23.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, ELISA, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from Human IKK alpha around the phosphorylation site of threonine 23 (LGTpGG).
- Positive controlColon carcinoma tissue slides and MDA-MB-435 cell extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38515 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreview.|
- FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. As part of the non-canonical pathway of NF-kappa-B activation, the MAP3K14-activated CHUK/IKKA homodimer phosphorylates NFKB2/p100 associated with RelB, inducing its proteolytic processing to NFKB2/p52 and the formation of NF-kappa-B RelB-p52 complexes. Also phosphorylates NCOA3. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 at NF-kappa-B-regulated promoters during inflammatory responses triggered by cytokines.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHUK are the cause of cocoon syndrome (COCOS) [MIM:613630]; also known as fetal encasement syndrome. COCOS is a lethal syndrome characterized by multiple fetal malformations including defective face and seemingly absent limbs, which are bound to the trunk and encased under the skin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAP3K14/NIK, AKT and to a lesser extent by MEKK1, and dephosphorylated by PP2A. Autophosphorylated.
Acetylation of Thr-179 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B signaling pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- chuk antibodyCHUK1 antibodyConserved Helix Loop Helix Ubiquitous Kinase antibody
- Conserved helix loop ubiquitous kinase antibodyConserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase antibodyI Kappa B Kinase 1 antibodyI Kappa B Kinase Alpha antibodyI-kappa-B kinase 1 antibodyI-kappa-B kinase alpha antibodyIkappaB kinase antibodyIkB kinase alpha subunit antibodyIKBKA antibodyIKK 1 antibodyIKK A antibodyIKK a kinase antibodyIKK-A antibodyIKK-alpha antibodyIKK1 antibodyIKK1 antibodyIKKA antibodyIKKA antibodyIKKA_HUMAN antibodyInhibitor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibodyInhibitor Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Kinase Alpha Subunit antibodyInhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha antibodyNFKBIKA antibodyNFKBIKA antibodyNuclear Factor Kappa B Inhibitor Kinase Alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF kappa B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NF-kappa-B inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear factor NFkappaB inhibitor kinase alpha antibodyNuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Chain Gene Enhancer In B Cells Inhibitor antibodyTCF-16 antibodyTCF16 antibodyTCF16 antibodyTranscription factor 16 antibody
Anti-IKK alpha (phospho T23) antibody images
ab38515 at a 1:50 dilution staining IKK alpha in Human colon carcinoma tissue using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Left image : untreated.
Right image : treated with phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-IKK alpha (phospho T23) antibody (ab38515) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : MDA-MB-435 cell extract.
Lane 2 : MDA-MB-435 cell extract + EGF ( The cells were treated with 200ng/ml EGF for 5 minutes).
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Alkaline Phosphatase AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa
ab38515 at 1/100 staining mouse skin tissue sections by IHC-Fr. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with serum prior to incubation with the antibody for 1 hour. An Alexa Fluor ® conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ICC/IF image of ab38515 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab38515, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-IKK alpha (phospho T23) antibody (ab38515)
This product has been referenced in:
- Huang CC et al. Intermolecular binding between TIFA-FHA and TIFA-pT mediates tumor necrosis factor alpha stimulation and NF-?B activation. Mol Cell Biol 32:2664-73 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22566686) »
- Prager GW et al. Urokinase (uPA) mediates endothelial cell survival via induction of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein (XIAP). Blood : (2008). WB . Read more (PubMed: 18948573) »