IL-12 p40 Human ELISA Kit (ab113324)
- Product nameIL-12 p40 Human ELISA Kit
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range12.29 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 127.6 120% - 134% Serum 99.73 91% - 108% Plasma 91.11 85% - 98%
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab113324 IL-12 p40 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of human IL-12 p40 in serum, plasma, cell culture supernatants. This assay employs an antibody specific for human IL-12 p40 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-12 p40 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-human IL-12 p40 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-12 p40 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate Item B 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate Item G 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent B Item E 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C Item L 1 x 30ml Detection Antibody Item F 2 vials IL-12 p40 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) coated with anti-human IL-12 p40 1 unit IL-12 p40 Standard Human (recombinant) 2 vials Stop Solution Item I 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent Item H 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
Associates with IL23A to form the IL-23 interleukin, an heterodimeric cytokine which functions in innate and adaptive immunity. IL-23 may constitute with IL-17 an acute response to infection in peripheral tissues. IL-23 binds to an heterodimeric receptor complex composed of IL12RB1 and IL23R, activates the Jak-Stat signaling cascade, stimulates memory rather than naive T-cells and promotes production of proinflammatory cytokines. IL-23 induces autoimmune inflammation and thus may be responsible for autoimmune inflammatory diseases and may be important for tumorigenesis.
Genetic variations in IL12B are a cause of susceptibility to psoriasis type 11 (PSORS11) [MIM:612599]. Psoriasis is a common, chronic inflammatory disease of the skin with multifactorial etiology. It is characterized by red, scaly plaques usually found on the scalp, elbows and knees. These lesions are caused by abnormal keratinocyte proliferation and infiltration of inflammatory cells into the dermis and epidermis.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsKnown to be C-mannosylated in the recombinant protein; it is not yet known for sure if the wild-type protein is also modified.
- 40 kD Subunit CLMFCLMF 2
- CLMF p40CLMF p40CLMF2Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 2Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 2 p40Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 40 kDa subunitCytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 40 kDa subunitHGNC:5970IL 12 subunit p40IL 12BIL-12 subunit p40IL-12 subunit p40IL-12BIL-12BIL12 subunit p40IL12BIL12BIL12B_HUMANIL12B_HUMANInterleukin 12 beta chainInterleukin 12 p40Interleukin 12 subunit betaInterleukin 12B Interleukin-12 subunit betaInterleukin-12 subunit betaInterleukin12BNatural killer cell stimulatory factor 2 Natural killer cell stimulatory factor 40 kD subunitNK cell stimulatory factor chain 2NK cell stimulatory factor chain 2NKSFNKSF 2NKSF2NKSF2p40Subunit P40T cell stimulating factor TcMFTSF
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113324 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-12 p40 Human ELISA Kit (ab113324)
ab113324 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.