IL-17A Human ELISA Kit (ab83692)
- Product nameIL-17A Human ELISA KitSee all IL17 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 3 49pg/ml 3.8 7.7% B 3 36pg/ml 2.3 6.4% C 3 31pg/ml 0.6 1.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 50pg/ml 7.8 14.5% B 8 37pg/ml 3 8.2% C 8 31pg/ml 2.1 6.6%
- Tests2 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity< 3 pg/ml
- Range3.12 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 121 113% - 130%
- Assay time3h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The IL-17A ELISA is to be used for the in-vitro quantitative determination of IL-17A in supernatant, buffered solutions, or serum and plasma samples. The assay will recognize natural IL-17A. This kit has been configured for research use only and is not to be used in diagnostic procedures.
PRINCIPLE OF THE METHOD
The IL-17A is a solid phase sandwich Enzyme Linked-Immuno- Sorbent Assay (ELISA). A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-17A has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-17A concentrations and unknowns are pipetted into these wells.
During the first incubation, IL-17A antigen is added to wells. After washing, a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-17A is incubated. Then the enzyme (streptavidin-peroxydase) is added. After incubation and washing to remove all unbound enzyme, a substrate solution which actes on the bound enzyme is added to induce a coloured reaction product. The intensity of this coloured product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-17A present in the samples.
The assay recognizes natural and recombinant human IL-17A.
RANGE: 3.12 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
SENSITIVITY: < 3 pg/ml
To define specificity of this ELISA, several proteins were tested for cross reactivity. There was no cross reactivity observed for any protein tested (IL-1b, IL-6, IL-23, IFNg, IL-17B, IL-17D, IL-17E, IL-17F).
The minimum detectable dose of IL-17A is less than 3 pg/ml. This has been determined by adding 2 standard deviations to the mean optical density obtained when the zero standard was assayed 35 times.
- For research use only.
- Handling of reagents, serum or plasma specimens should be in accordance with local safety procedures , e.g.
CDC/NIH Health manual : " Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories" 1984.
- Avoid any skin contact with H2SO4 and TMB. In case of contact, wash thoroughly with water.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or apply cosmetics where kit reagents are used.
- Do not pipette by mouth.
- The stop solution in this kit contains 9.8% sulphuric acid.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 200X Washing Buffer White 2 x 10ml Biotinylated anti IL-17A 2 x 0.4ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 13ml Chromogen TMB 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml IL17A precoated strips 12 units IL17A Standard: 100 pg/ml 4 vials Stop Reagent Black 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 4 x 5µl
- Research Areas
modificationsFound both in glycosylated and nonglycosylated forms.
- CTLA 8CTLA-8CTLA8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated antigen 8Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated protein 8Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated serine esterase 8Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8IL 17IL 17AIL-17IL-17AIL17_HUMANIl17aInterleukin 17AInterleukin-17AInterleukin17Interleukin17A
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83692 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-17A Human ELISA Kit (ab83692)
ab83692 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.