Anti-IL1 beta antibody [11E5] (ab8320)
- Product nameAnti-IL1 beta antibody [11E5]See all IL1 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [11E5] to IL1 beta
- SpecificityDoes not inhibit the biological activity of Interleukin-1.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant beta human Interleukin-1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number11E5
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8320 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [5C10] to IL1 beta (HRP) (ab8321).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [5C10] to IL1 beta (HRP) (ab8321). Can be used as Capture antibody with ab8321. For 2 site enzyme immunoassay, we recommend to use a mixture of this antibody and ab8319 for coating, in conjunction with ab8321 for labeling.|
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Catabolin antibodyH1 antibodyHematopoietin 1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibodyIL 1 antibodyIL 1 beta antibodyIL 1B antibodyIL-1 beta antibodyIL1 BETA antibodyIL1B antibodyIL1B_HUMAN antibodyIL1F2 antibodyInterleukin 1 beta antibodyInterleukin 1 beta precursor antibodyInterleukin-1 beta antibodyLAF antibodyOAF antibodyOsteoclast activating factor antibodyOTTHUMP00000162031 antibodyPreinterleukin 1 beta antibodyPreinterleukin beta antibodyPro interleukin 1 beta antibody
Anti-IL1 beta antibody [11E5] images
ab8320 staining IL1 beta in lung inflammatory cells from Rhesus monkey by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with Tween 20 and blocked with 10% serum for 2 hours at 21°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/25 in PBS + 10% serum + 1% Tween 20) for 18 hour at 4°C. An diluted Alexa Fluor®594-conjugated + 1.4nm Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen Human skin tissue taken from patients with localized cutaneous leishmaniasis (A, C), diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis (E). Normal tissue (G) was used as a negative control.
IL1 beta was stained using ab8320 at 1/100 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. ab94705 Mouse and Rabbit Specific HRP/AEC Detection IHC Kit was used to detect staining. Hematoxylin was used as a counterstain.
References for Anti-IL1 beta antibody [11E5] (ab8320)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fernández-Figueroa EA et al. Disease severity in patients infected with Leishmania mexicana relates to IL-1ß. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1533 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22629474) »
- Meng CX et al. Effects of oral and vaginal administration of levonorgestrel emergency contraception on markers of endometrial receptivity. Hum Reprod 25:874-83 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20139427) »