Anti-IL1 beta antibody [8516.311] (ab10749)
- Product nameAnti-IL1 beta antibody [8516.311]See all IL1 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8516.311] to IL1 beta
- SpecificityBy ELISA and immunoblotting, the antibody shows < 5% cross-reactivity with rhIL1 alpha, rmIL1 beta. In addition the antibody shows no cross-reactivity with rmIl1 alpha, rhIL1 ralpha, rmIL1 ralpha, and rrIL1 ralpha. The antibody will not neutralize the biological activity of rhIL1 alpha, rmIL1 alpha or rmIL1 beta.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, Neutralising more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant human IL1 beta (rhIL1 beta), expressed in E. coli.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesThe antibody is purified by Protein A affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number8516.311
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10749 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Catabolin antibodyH1 antibodyHematopoietin 1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibodyIL 1 antibodyIL 1 beta antibodyIL 1B antibodyIL-1 beta antibodyIL1 BETA antibodyIL1B antibodyIL1B_HUMAN antibodyIL1F2 antibodyInterleukin 1 beta antibodyInterleukin 1 beta precursor antibodyInterleukin-1 beta antibodyLAF antibodyOAF antibodyOsteoclast activating factor antibodyOTTHUMP00000162031 antibodyPreinterleukin 1 beta antibodyPreinterleukin beta antibodyPro interleukin 1 beta antibody
References for Anti-IL1 beta antibody [8516.311] (ab10749)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lucchesi W et al. Differential gene regulation by Epstein-Barr virus type 1 and type 2 EBNA2. J Virol 82:7456-66 (2008). WB, ELISA ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18480445) »
- Pioli PA et al. Lipopolysaccharide-induced IL-1 beta production by human uterine macrophages up-regulates uterine epithelial cell expression of human beta-defensin 2. J Immunol 176:6647-55 (2006). ELISA ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 16709823) »