Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab2105)
- Product nameAnti-IL1 beta antibodySee all IL1 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL1 beta
- SpecificityPrimarily directed against mature 17kDa human IL-1beta. In ELISA formats and other immunoreactive assays, the antibody will recognize 10% of the non-denatured (native) 31kDa IL-1beta precursor containing samples, but will detect all of the 17kDa mature molecule. Also detects primate IL-1beta in the same formats using similar dilutions. The antiserum does not recognize human IL-1alpha.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P, RIA, IHC-Fr, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, Neutralising, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Non Human Primates
Recombinant 153 aa human IL-1beta produced in E.coli. MW of recombinant IL-1beta 17kDa, with the N-terminal amino acid at position alanine 117. This is the cleavage site generated by the IL-1beta converting enzyme (ICE, capase-1).
- General notesImmunohistochemistry 1/100 to 1/200 (paraffin or cryofixation can be used; 1/100 for staining intracellular IL-1beta). ELISA 1/200 to 1/1000 (this antibody is best used as the second antibody with a monoclonal as a capture antibody). Radio immunoassay 1/8000 Neutralization of IL-1beta activity in bioassays 1/100 ( >4 hours incubation, normal rabbit IgG as negative control) FACS analysis - caution, F(c) domain of rabbit IgG may interact with cells non-specifically.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.02M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15M sodium chloride, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesIgG from whole rabbit serum purified by DEAE fractionation.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2105 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. 1/100 - 1/200 (antigen - supernatants or lysates of 2 x 106 endotoxin-stimulated human PBMC. Denatured 31kDa precursor IL-1beta will be recognized, but often migrates as a 35 kDa band).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. 1/400 - 1/800 (pre-clearing with a non-specific rabbit IgG is helpful to reduce background).|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/500 - 1/2000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/100 - 1/200.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. F(c) domain of rabbit IgG may interact with cells non-specifically!|
|Neutralising||Neut: 1/100. Neutralization of IL-1beta activity in bioassays 1/100 ( >4 hours incubation, normal rabbit IgG as negative control). ab2105 does not neutralize the biological activity of murine, rat or rabbit IL1 beta.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Catabolin antibodyH1 antibodyHematopoietin 1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibodyIL 1 antibodyIL 1 beta antibodyIL 1B antibodyIL-1 beta antibodyIL1 BETA antibodyIL1B antibodyIL1B_HUMAN antibodyIL1F2 antibodyInterleukin 1 beta antibodyInterleukin 1 beta precursor antibodyInterleukin-1 beta antibodyLAF antibodyOAF antibodyOsteoclast activating factor antibodyOTTHUMP00000162031 antibodyPreinterleukin 1 beta antibodyPreinterleukin beta antibodyPro interleukin 1 beta antibody
Anti-IL1 beta antibody images
ab2105 at 1/20 staining human liver tissue sections by IHC-P. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed. The tissue was incubated with the tissue overnight at room temperature. A biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody and this was detected using streptavidin HRP.
ab2105 staining IL1 beta in human keratinocytes by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in methanol, permeabilized in 0,1% Saponin / PBS and then blocked using 4% BSA for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were then incubated with ab2105 at a 1/100 dilution for 2 hours at 4°C. An Alexa-fluor 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/100 dilution.
ab2105 staining IL1 beta in rat alveolar macrophage tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with blocking agent for 30 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in diluent) for 2 hours. An HRP-conjugated rabbit monoclonal IgG (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab2105)
This product has been referenced in:
- Premasekharan G et al. Iron-mediated lipid peroxidation and lipid raft disruption in low-dose silica-induced macrophage cytokine production. Free Radic Biol Med 51:1184-94 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21741475) »
- Botelho FM et al. IL-1a/IL-1R1 Expression in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Mechanistic Relevance to Smoke-Induced Neutrophilia in Mice. PLoS One 6:e28457 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22163019) »