Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab34837)
- Product nameAnti-IL1 beta antibodySee all IL1 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL1 beta
- SpecificityThis antibody primarily recognizes the 17kDa mature form of IL1 beta. It also recognizes 10% of the precursor, 31kDa form of IL1 beta in cell lysates. The antibody does not react with IL1 alpha.
- Tested applicationsELISA, RIA, WB, IP, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Neutralising more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Non Human Primates
Does not react withMouse, Rat, Rabbit
Recombinant IL1 beta (Human) produced in E.coli. The MW of the recombinant 153 amino acid IL1 beta was 17 kDa with the N terminal amino acid at position alanine 117. This cleavage site is generated by the IL1 beta converting enzyme (ICE, Capase 1).
- Positive control
- Supernatants or cell lysates from cultures of LPS stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. (PBMCs were stimulated for 24 hours with 1% human serum and 10ng/ml E.coli derived LPS.)
- General notes
For Western blotting, heating the sample in SDS with or without reducing agents will facilitate denaturing of the 31,000 MW IL1 beta precursor molecule, which often migrates as a 35,000 kDa band. This is due to the unfolding of the denatured precursor IL1 beta exposing epitopes not exposed in the natural state.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituents: Whole serum, 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesThis antibody is sterile filtered and has been heated at 56°C for 30 minutes. Endotoxin content: <10pg/µl by LAL method.
- Primary antibody notes For Western blotting, heating the sample in SDS with or without reducing agents will facilitate denaturing of the 31,000 MW IL1 beta precursor molecule, which often migrates as a 35,000 kDa band. This is due to the unfolding of the denatured precursor IL1 beta exposing epitopes not exposed in the natural state.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34837 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/500 - 1/5000.|
|WB||WB: Use 2µg for 106 cells. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
|IP||IP: 1/400 - 1/800.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/200 - 1/400.|
|Neutralising||Neut: 1/200. Incubate with antiserum for at least 4 hours before testing. A control of similarly diluted normal rabbit IgG is recommended.|
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Catabolin antibody
- H1 antibody
- Hematopoietin 1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibody
- IL 1 antibody
- IL 1 beta antibody
- IL 1B antibody
- IL-1 beta antibody
- IL1 BETA antibody
- IL1B antibody
- IL1B_HUMAN antibody
- IL1F2 antibody
- Interleukin 1 beta antibody
- Interleukin 1 beta precursor antibody
- Interleukin-1 beta antibody
- LAF antibody
- OAF antibody
- Osteoclast activating factor antibody
- OTTHUMP00000162031 antibody
- Preinterleukin 1 beta antibody
- Preinterleukin beta antibody
- Pro interleukin 1 beta antibody
References for Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab34837)
ab34837 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.