Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab9787)
- Product nameAnti-IL1 beta antibodySee all IL1 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL1 beta
- SpecificityThis antibody is used in our Rat IL-1beta EDK and was tested against the following rat growth factors at 50ng/ml to determine if there was any cross reactivity: GM-CSF, IL1alpha, IL-2, IL-4, IL-10, SCF, & TNFalpha. No significant cross reactivity was detected. The antibody has not been tested against endogenous IL1beta, only recombinant protein and we cannot guarantee it will detect endogenous protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Neutralising, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant rIL-1b (rat Interleukin-1-beta).
- Positive control
- recombinant rat IL1 beta (lower limit of detection: 1.95 ng/lane)
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.4, no preservative, sterile filtered
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9787 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of rIL-1b (0.30 ng/ml), a concentration of 0.003 - 0.005 µg/ml of this antibody is required.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20187933|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22315633|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20649973|
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Catabolin antibody
- H1 antibody
- Hematopoietin 1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibody
- IL 1 antibody
- IL 1 beta antibody
- IL 1B antibody
- IL-1 beta antibody
- IL1 BETA antibody
- IL1B antibody
- IL1B_HUMAN antibody
- IL1F2 antibody
- Interleukin 1 beta antibody
- Interleukin 1 beta precursor antibody
- Interleukin-1 beta antibody
- LAF antibody
- OAF antibody
- Osteoclast activating factor antibody
- OTTHUMP00000162031 antibody
- Preinterleukin 1 beta antibody
- Preinterleukin beta antibody
- Pro interleukin 1 beta antibody
Anti-IL1 beta antibody images
All lanes : Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab9787) at 0.2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MultiMark MultiColor Standard (Invitrogen)
Lane 2 : 250 ng/lane
Lane 3 : 125 ng/lane
Lane 4 : 62.5 ng/lane
Lane 5 : 31.25 ng/lane
Lane 6 : 15.6 ng/lane
Lane 7 : 7.8 ng/lane
Lane 8 : 3.9 ng/lane
Lane 9 : 1.95 ng/lane
Observed band size : 17.3 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat endometrial tissue, staining IL1 beta with ab9787.
Tissue was taken from pregnant rats with implantation failure. Antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer (pH 6) followed by blocking with 1% BSA for 30 minutes. Sections were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) overnight at 4°C. An HRP-goat anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody (1/200). Staining was detected using DAB.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat brain tissue, staining IL1 beta with ab9787.
Tissue was taken from rats with middle cerebral artery occlusion either untreated (left) or treated with specific MEK1/2 inhibitor U0126. Samples were fixed for 10 minutes in ice-cold acetone and then rehydrated in PBS containing 0.3% Triton X-100 for 15 minutes. The tissues were then permeabilized and blocked for 1 hour in blocking solution containing PBS, 0.3% Triton X-100, 1% BSA, and 5% normal donkey serum. Samples were incubated overnight at 4°C with primary antibody (1/400) and a Cy2-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-IL1 beta antibody (ab9787)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gui J et al. Effects of acupuncture on Th1, th2 cytokines in rats of implantation failure. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:893023 (2012). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22315633) »
- Soliman ML et al. Acetate supplementation modulates brain histone acetylation and decreases interleukin-1ß expression in a rat model of neuroinflammation. J Neuroinflammation 9:51 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22413888) »