Anti-IL2 antibody (ab9618)
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.4, no preservative, sterile filtered
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9618 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. To detect hIL-2 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-2 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration. To detect hIL-2 by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-2.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent concentration. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hIL-2 (2.0 ng/ml), a concentration of 0.12 - 0.16 µg/ml of this antibody is required.|
- FunctionProduced by T-cells in response to antigenic or mitogenic stimulation, this protein is required for T-cell proliferation and other activities crucial to regulation of the immune response. Can stimulate B-cells, monocytes, lymphokine-activated killer cells, natural killer cells, and glioma cells.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving IL2 is found in a form of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL). Translocation t(4;16)(q26;p13) with involves TNFRSF17.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-2 family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Aldesleukin antibodyIL 2 antibodyIL-2 antibody
- IL2 antibodyIL2_HUMAN antibodyInterleukin 2 antibodyInterleukin-2 antibodyInterleukin2 antibodyInvolved in regulation of T cell clonal expansion antibodyLymphokine antibodyOTTHUMP00000164090 antibodyPOIL2 antibodyT Cell Growth Factor antibodyT-cell growth factor antibodyTCGF antibody
Anti-IL2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-IL2 antibody (ab9618) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 :
IL2 protein (Active) (ab73598) at 0.1 µg
Lane 2 :
IL2 protein (Active) (ab73598) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-IL2 antibody (ab9618)
ab9618 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.