IL21 Receptor peptide (ab6226)
- Product nameIL21 Receptor peptideSee all IL21 Receptor proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6226 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesStable for one year.
A novel cytokine related to IL-2 and IL-15 was recently identified and designated IL-21. The receptor for IL-21 (IL-21R, also termed NILR for novel Interleukin receptor) is a new member of the class I cytokine receptor family. IL-21R forms a complex with the common cytokine receptor g chain, gc, and mediates IL-21 signaling. Both IL-21R and the gc are necessary for IL-21 function. IL-21 and its receptor activate the JAK-STAT signaling pathway. IL-21R is expressed in spleen, thymus, natural killer (NK), T and B cell lines. IL-21 plays a role in the proliferation and maturation of NK, B and T cell populations.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- IL 21R
- IL-21 receptor
- IL21 Receptor
- Interleukin 21 receptor
- Interleukin-21 receptor
- Novel interleukin receptor
- FunctionThis is a receptor for interleukin-21.
- Tissue specificitySelectively expressed in lymphoid tissues. Most highly expressed in thymus and spleen.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 4 subfamily.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
- DomainThe WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
The box 1 motif is required for JAK interaction and/or activation.
modificationsC-mannosylated at Trp-214 in the WSXWS motif, the sugar chain makes extensive hydrogen bonds with Asn-73 sugar, and bridges the two fibronectin domains transforming the V-shaped receptor into an A-frame.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for IL21 Receptor peptide (ab6226)
ab6226 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.