IL4 Rat Elipair Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 Well Plates) (ab48424)
- Product nameIL4 Rat Elipair Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 Well Plates)See all IL4 kits ...
- Tests10 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
- Range1000 ng/ml - 31.25 ng/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
The rat IL-4 Eli-pair includes both the capture and the detection antibodies as well as Horse-Radish peroxidase conjugated Streptavidin (HRP-Strep) and TMB which are the reagents used in the colour
This Eli-pair set is intended to measure rat IL-4 in cell -culture supernatants, as well as in serum samples. The enclosed procedures provide general guidelines for ELISA preparation. This procedure
may need some optimization depending on the plastic, matrix, standard range.
Recognizes both natural and recombinant Rat IL4
Range: 31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sensitivity < 15 pg/ml
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 10 x 96 tests Capture antibody Poly anti-rat IL4 2 x 0.5ml Detection biotinylated antibody DL8 (Reconstitute each vial with 0.55ml PBS 0.1% Azide w/v or another preservative) 2 x 0.55ml Rat IL-4 Eli-Standard 10 vials Ready-to-use TMB 4 vials Streptavidin-HRP 2 vials
- Research Areas
- RelevanceIL4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells, mast cells and basophils. It is a ligand for Interleukin 4 receptor. The Interleukin 4 receptor also binds to IL13, which may contribute to many overlapping functions of this cytokine and IL13. IL4 elicits many different biological responses, but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL4, IL5, IL10 and IL13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. STAT6, a signal transducer and activator of transcription, has been shown to play a central role in mediating the immune regulatory signal of this cytokine. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- B cell stimulatory factor 1
- Interleukin 4
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48424 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IL4 Rat Elipair Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 Well Plates) images
Rat IL-4 Standard curve ranging from 31.25 to 1000 pg/mL
References for IL4 Rat Elipair Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 Well Plates) (ab48424)
ab48424 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.