IL6 Murine Elipair Kit (Reagents provided for 5 x 96 Well Plates) (ab47596)
- Product nameIL6 Murine Elipair Kit (Reagents provided for 5 x 96 Well Plates)See all IL6 kits ...
- Tests5 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range15.6 pg/ml - 500 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
This Eli-pair set is intended to measure murine IL-6 in cell -culture supernatants, as well as in serum samples. The enclosed procedures provide general guidelines for ELISA preparation. This procedure may need some optimization depending on the plastic, matrix, standard range.
Principle of Method
The murine IL-6 Eli-pair includes both the capture and the detection antibodies as well as Horse-Radish peroxidase conjugated Streptavidin (HRP-Strep) and TMB which are the reagents used in the colour development step.
Recognizes both natural and recombinant Murine IL6
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 5 x 96 tests Capture antibody Monoclonal anti-mIL6 1 x 0.1ml Detection biotinylated antibody (Reconstitute with 0.55ml PBS 0.1% Azide w/v or another preservative) 1 x 0.55ml Murine IL6 Eli-standard 5 vials Ready-to-use TMB 2 vials Streptavidin-HRP 1 vial
- Research Areas
- FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- B-cell stimulatory factor 2
- CTL differentiation factor
- Hepatocyte stimulating factor
- Hybridoma growth factor
- Interferon beta-2
- Interleukin 6
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47596 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IL6 Murine Elipair Kit (Reagents provided for 5 x 96 Well Plates) images
Mouse IL6 Standard curve ranging from 15.6 to 500 pg/mL
References for IL6 Murine Elipair Kit (Reagents provided for 5 x 96 Well Plates) (ab47596)
ab47596 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.