IL6 Rat ELISA Kit (with color giving dyes) (ab119548)
- Product nameIL6 Rat ELISA Kit (with color giving dyes)See all IL6 kits ...
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 5%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity12 pg/ml
- Range31 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
ab119548 IL6 Rat ELISA Kit (with color giving dyes) is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of rat IL6. ab119548 is for research use only and is not for diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Interleukin-6 (IL6) is a multi-functional cytokine that regulates immune responses, acute phase reactions and hematopoiesis and may play a central role in host defense mechanisms.
IL6 is usually not produced constitutively by normal cells, but its expression is readily induced by a variety of cytokines, lipopolysaccharide or viral infections. IL6 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by a variety of cells. It acts on a wide range of tissues, exerting growth-induction, growth-inhibition, and differentiation respectively, depending on the nature of the target cells.
IL6 is involved in
- the induction of B-cell differentiation
- the induction of acute phase proteins in liver cells
- growth promotion of myeloma/plasmacytoma/hybridoma cells
- induction of IL2 and IL2 receptor expression
- proliferation and differentiation of T cells
- inhibition of cell growth of certain myeloid leukemic cell lines and induction of their differentiation to macrophages
- enhancement of IL3-induced multipotential colony cell formation in hematopoietic stem cells and induction of maturation of megakaryocytes as a thrombopoietic factor
- induction of mesangial cell growth
- induction of neural differentiation of PC12 cells and
- induction of keratinocyte growth
The abnormal production of IL6 was first suggested to be related to polyclonal B-cell activation with autoantibody production in patients with cardiac myxoma. Since then, IL6 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of diseases. Measurement of IL6 levels in serum and other body fluids thus provides more detailed insights into various pathological situations.
In order to help avoid any mistakes in pipetting, our kit provides color giving dyes that help monitor the addition of a solution to the reaction. Each dye gives a distinctive color for each step of the ELISA procedure.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Adhesive Films 4 units Assay Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 5ml Biotin-Conjugate anti-rat IL6 monoclonal antibody 1 x 100µl Blue-Dye 1 x 0.4ml Green-Dye 1 x 0.4ml Monoclonal anti-rat IL6-coated microwell plate 1 unit Rat IL6 Standard 2 vials Red-Dye 1 x 0.4ml Stop Solution 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 50ml
- Research Areas
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- B cell differentiation factorB-cell stimulatory factor 2BSF-2
- BSF2CDFCTL differentiation factorHGFHSFHybridoma growth factorIFN-beta-2IFNB2IL-6IL6IL6_HUMANInterferon beta-2Interleukin 6Interleukin BSF2Interleukin-6
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119548 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL6 Rat ELISA Kit (with color giving dyes) (ab119548)
ab119548 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.