Anti-IL6 antibody (ab9324)
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 500µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPhosphate buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9324 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hIL-6 (0.5 ng/ml), a concentration of 19.0-23.0 ug/ml of this antibody is required.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. In a sandwich ELISA (assuming 100µl/well), a concentration of 4.0-8.0 µg/ml of this antibody will detect at least 500 pg/ml of recombinant human IL-6 when used with Rabbit polyclonal to IL6 (Biotin) (ab84251) as the detection antibody at a concentration of approximately 0.5-1.0 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 0.125 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.2 - 0.4 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, the detection limit for recombinant human IL-6 is 0.5-1.0 ng/lane, under reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
- FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Interleukin BSF 2 antibodyB cell differentiation factor antibodyB cell stimulatory factor 2 antibody
- B-cell stimulatory factor 2 antibodyBSF 2 antibodyBSF-2 antibodyBSF2 antibodyCDF antibodyCTL differentiation factor antibodyCytotoxic T cell differentiation factor antibodyHepatocyte stimulating factor antibodyHGF antibodyHPGF antibodyHSF antibodyHybridoma growth factor antibodyHybridoma growth factor Interferon beta-2 antibodyHybridoma plasmacytoma growth factor antibodyIFN-beta-2 antibodyIFNB2 antibodyIL 6 antibodyIL-6 antibodyIL6 antibodyIL6 protein antibodyIL6_HUMAN antibodyInterferon beta 2 antibodyInterferon beta-2 antibodyInterleukin 6 (interferon beta 2) antibodyInterleukin 6 antibodyInterleukin-6 antibodyInterleukin6 antibody
Anti-IL6 antibody images
ab9324 staining IL6 in human cervical squamous cell carcinoma tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent heat mediated antigen retrieval in sodium citrate buffer (pH 6.0). The primary antibody was used at 0.125 ug/ml and incubated with sample at 4°C overnight. A HRP-labeled polymer detection system was used with a DAB chromogen.
ICC/IF image of IL6 staining (ab9324) in rat primary microglial cell culture. The sections were incubated in 10% serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions and in 0.3% triton X in 0.1% PBS for 1h to permeabilise the cells. The sections were then incubated with ab9324 (1:1000) overnight at +4°C, followed by Alexa 568 conjugated secondary antibody. Red staining of the cytosol was observed.