Anti-IL6R antibody (ab85105)
- Product nameAnti-IL6R antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL6R
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A 16 amino acid peptide from near the intermediate residues of Human IL6R protein (NM_000565.2)
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate, 803 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAntibody purified by peptide affinity column containing 1% BSA and 0.02% NaN3.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85105 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
- RelevanceIL6 is a potent pleiotropic cytokine that regulates cell growth and differentiation and plays an important role in immune response. The protein encoded by this gene is a subunit of the receptor complex for IL6. The IL6 receptor is a protein complex consisting of this protein and interleukin 6 signal transducer (IL6ST/GP130/IL6-beta), a receptor subunit also shared by many other cytokines. Dysregulated production of IL6 and this receptor are implicated in the pathogenesis of many diseases, such as multiple myeloma, autoimmune diseases and prostate cancer. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- Cellular localizationIsoform 1: Cell membrane; basolateral cell membrane; single-pass type I membrane protein. Isoform 2: Secreted protein
- CD126 antibodyCD126 antigen antibodygp80 antibody
- IL 6R alpha antibodyIL-6R-1 antibodyIL-6R-alpha antibodyIL6R1 antibodyIL6RA antibodyIL6Ralpha antibodyInterleukin 6 receptor antibodyMGC104991 antibodyOTTHUMP00000034320 antibody
Anti-IL6R antibody images
All lanes : Anti-IL6R antibody (ab85105) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : 803 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-IL6R antibody (ab85105)
ab85105 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.