Anti-IL8 antibody (ab10769)
- Product nameAnti-IL8 antibodySee all IL8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to IL8
- SpecificityAnti-Human IL8 will neutralize the biological activity of both rhIL8 and natural human IL8. It will not neutralize the biological activity of rhGROalpha. By immunoblotting, the antibody shows <1% cross-reactivity with rhGROalpha, rhGRObeta, rhGROgamma, and MIP2. In addition, by ELISA, it shows no cross-reactivity with other cytokines tested.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, ICC/IF, Neutralising, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive controlELISA and WB: recombinant human IL8 IHC-Fr: gliobastoma, hepatoma
- General notesNeutralization: the antibody has the ability to neutralize the biological activity of natural and recombinant IL-8. To measure the ability of the antibody to neutralize the chemo-attractant activity of rhCXCL8 for BaF/3 cells transfected with hCXCR2 cells, rhIL-8 is preincubated with various dilutions of the antibody for 30 minutes at room temperature in a 96-well plate. Following this preincubation, 75 ul of the cytokine-antibody solution (containing rhIL-8 at a final concentration of 20 ng/mL and antibody at concentrations from 0.01-20 ug/ml) was transferred to the lower compartment of a 96 well chemotaxis chamber. The chamber was then assembled using a PVP-free polycarbonate filter (5 mm pore size) and 0.2 x 10E4 cells/well was added to the top chamber. After incubation for 3 hours at 37 °C in a 5% CO2 humidified incubator, the chamber was disassembled and the cells that migrated through to the lower chamber were transferred to a working plate and quantitated overnight. The fluorescence was then read in a fluorescent plate reader set at 544/590 nm. The ND50 of the antibody is defined as the concentration of antibody resulting in a one-half maximal inhibition of bioactivity of rhIL-8 that is present at a concentration just high enough to elicit a maximum response.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10769 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 - 15 µg/ml.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 20 µg/ml. Please see the General Notes section for detail.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa. Able to detect rhIL-8 at 5ng/lane under non-reducing and reducing condetions.|
- FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- (Ala-IL-8)77 antibody(Ser-IL-8)72 antibody3 10C antibody
- 310C antibodyAMCF 1 antibodyAMCF1 antibodyb ENAP antibodyBbeta thromboglobulin like protein antibodyBeta thromboglobulin like protein antibodyC-X-C motif chemokine 8 antibodyCXC chemokine ligand 8 antibodyCXCL 8 antibodyCXCL8 antibodyEmoctakin antibodyGCP 1 antibodyGCP-1 antibodyGCP/IL-8 protein I antibodyGCP/IL-8 protein II antibodyGCP/IL-8 protein III antibodyGCP/IL-8 protein IV antibodyGCP/IL-8 protein V antibodyGCP/IL-8 protein VI antibodyGCP1 antibodyGranulocyte chemotactic protein 1 antibodyIL 8 antibodyIL-8 antibodyIL-8(1-77) antibodyIL-8(9-77) antibodyIL8 antibodyIL8/NAP1 form I antibodyIL8/NAP1 form II antibodyIL8/NAP1 form III antibodyIL8/NAP1 form IV antibodyIL8/NAP1 form V antibodyIL8/NAP1 form VI antibodyIL8_HUMAN antibodyInteleukin 8 antibodyInterleukin8 antibodyK 60 antibodyK60 antibodyLECT antibodyLUCT antibodyLymphocyte derived neutrophil activating factor antibodyLymphocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor antibodyLYNAP antibodyMDNCF antibodyMDNCF-b antibodyMDNCF-c antibodyMONAP antibodyMonocyte derived neutrophil activating peptide antibodyMonocyte derived neutrophil activating protein antibodyMonocyte derived neutrophil chemotactic factor antibodyMonocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor antibodyMonocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide antibodyNAF antibodyNAP 1 antibodyNAP-1 antibodyNAP1 antibodyNeutrophil activating factor antibodyNeutrophil activating peptide 1 antibodyNeutrophil activating protein 1 antibodyNeutrophil-activating factor antibodyNeutrophil-activating protein 1 antibodyProtein 3 10C antibodyProtein 3-10C antibodySCYB 8 antibodySCYB8 antibodySmall inducible cytokine subfamily B member 8 antibodyT cell chemotactic factor antibodyT-cell chemotactic factor antibodyTSG 1 antibodyTSG1 antibody
Anti-IL8 antibody images
ab10769 staining IL8 in Human HUVEC cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X-100 0.1% in PBS and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in culture medium) for 16 hours at 4°C. A Cy2®-conjugated Rabbit anti-goat polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-IL8 antibody (ab10769)
This product has been referenced in:
- Stoll SJ et al. The Transcription Factor HOXC9 Regulates Endothelial Cell Quiescence and Vascular Morphogenesis in Zebrafish via Inhibition of Interleukin 8. Circ Res 108:1367-77 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21493894) »