Anti-IRGM antibody (ab69495)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69495 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22163006|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21-46 kDa).Can be blocked with IRGM peptide (ab115829). please refer to databases and the literature for the expected molecular weights of species orthologues.|
- FunctionPutative GTPase which is required for clearance of acute protozoan and bacterial infections. Functions in innate immune response probably through regulation of autophagy. May regulate proinflammatory cytokine production and prevent endotoxemia upon infection. May also play a role in macrophages adhesion and motility.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed (at protein level). Expressed in several tissues including colon, small bowel and peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRGM are the cause of susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease type 19 (IBD19) [MIM:612278]. A chronic, relapsing inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract with a complex etiology. It is subdivided into Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis phenotypes. Crohn disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus, but most frequently it involves the terminal ileum and colon. Bowel inflammation is transmural and discontinuous; it may contain granulomas or be associated with intestinal or perianal fistulas. In contrast, in ulcerative colitis, the inflammation is continuous and limited to rectal and colonic mucosal layers; fistulas and granulomas are not observed. Both diseases include extraintestinal inflammation of the skin, eyes, or joints.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the interferon-inducible GTPase family.
- Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > phagosome membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > autophagosome membrane. Cell projection > phagocytic cup. Behaves like an integral membrane protein (By similarity). Recruited to the plasma membrane around forming phagocytic cups, it remains associated with maturing autophagosomes (By similarity). Preferentially associated with cis- and medial-Golgi.
- IFI1 antibodyIigp3 antibodyIipg3 antibody
- Immunity related GTPase family M protein 1 antibodyImmunity related GTPase family, M antibodyImmunity-related GTPase family M protein 1 antibodyImmunity-related GTPase family M protein antibodyInterferon inducible protein 1 antibodyInterferon-inducible protein 1 antibodyIrgm antibodyIRGM_HUMAN antibodyIRGM1 antibodyLPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophage protein 47 homolog antibodyLRG 47 antibodyLRG-47 antibodyLRG-47-like protein antibodyLRG47 antibodyMGC149263 antibodyMGC149264 antibody
Anti-IRGM antibody images
Immunofluorescence of IRGM in Human Brain cells using ab69495 at 20 ug/ml.
References for Anti-IRGM antibody (ab69495)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chang CP et al. Concanavalin A/IFN-Gamma Triggers Autophagy-Related Necrotic Hepatocyte Death through IRGM1-Mediated Lysosomal Membrane Disruption. PLoS One 6:e28323 (2011). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22163006) »