IRGM peptide (ab115829)
- Product nameIRGM peptideSee all IRGM proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab115829 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% Bovine serum
- Immunity related GTPase family M protein 1
- Immunity related GTPase family, M
- Immunity-related GTPase family M protein
- Immunity-related GTPase family M protein 1
- Interferon inducible protein 1
- Interferon-inducible protein 1
- LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophage protein 47 homolog
- LRG 47
- LRG-47-like protein
- FunctionPutative GTPase which is required for clearance of acute protozoan and bacterial infections. Functions in innate immune response probably through regulation of autophagy. May regulate proinflammatory cytokine production and prevent endotoxemia upon infection. May also play a role in macrophages adhesion and motility.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed (at protein level). Expressed in several tissues including colon, small bowel and peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRGM are the cause of susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease type 19 (IBD19) [MIM:612278]. A chronic, relapsing inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract with a complex etiology. It is subdivided into Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis phenotypes. Crohn disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus, but most frequently it involves the terminal ileum and colon. Bowel inflammation is transmural and discontinuous; it may contain granulomas or be associated with intestinal or perianal fistulas. In contrast, in ulcerative colitis, the inflammation is continuous and limited to rectal and colonic mucosal layers; fistulas and granulomas are not observed. Both diseases include extraintestinal inflammation of the skin, eyes, or joints.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the interferon-inducible GTPase family.
- Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > phagosome membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > autophagosome membrane. Cell projection > phagocytic cup. Behaves like an integral membrane protein (By similarity). Recruited to the plasma membrane around forming phagocytic cups, it remains associated with maturing autophagosomes (By similarity). Preferentially associated with cis- and medial-Golgi.
References for IRGM peptide (ab115829)
ab115829 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.