Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] - Microglial marker (ab15690)
- Product nameAnti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] - Microglial markerSee all Iba1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1022-5] to Iba1 - Microglial marker
- SpecificitySome customers have reported successful staining using this antibody on frozen sections, however Ab15690 is not routinely tested on frozen sections, and we do not recommend this antibody for use with frozen tissue sections.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1022-5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15690 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20933270|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActin-binding protein that enhances membrane ruffling and RAC activation. Enhances the actin-bundling activity of LCP1. Binds calcium. Plays a role in RAC signaling and in phagocytosis. May play a role in macrophage activation and function. Promotes the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells and of T-lymphocytes. Enhances lymphocyte migration. Plays a role in vascular inflammation.
- Tissue specificityDetected in T-lymphocytes and peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 EF-hand domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Associated with the actin cytoskeleton at membrane ruffles and at sites of phagocytosis.
- AIF 1 antibodyAIF-1 antibodyAIF1 antibody
- AIF1 protein antibodyAIF1_HUMAN antibodyallograft inflammatory factor 1 antibodyAllograft inflammatory factor 1 splice variant G antibodyallograft inflammatory factor-1 splice variant Hara-1 antibodyballoon angioplasty responsive transcription antibodyBART 1 antibodyG1 antibodyG1 putative splice variant of allograft inflamatory factor 1 antibodyIBA 1 antibodyIBA1 antibodyinterferon gamma responsive transcript antibodyinterferon responsive transcript factor 1 antibodyIonized calcium binding adapter molecule 1 antibodyIonized calcium-binding adapter molecule 1 antibodyionized calcium-binding adapter molecule antibodyIRT 1 antibodyIRT1 antibodyMicroglia response factor antibodyMRF1 antibodyProtein G1 antibody
Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] - Microglial marker images
ab15690 at 1/50 staining rat primary cortical cells. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and blocked with serum prior to incubation with the antibody for 18 hours. An Alexa-Fluor ® 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
Overlay histogram showing RAW 264.7 cells stained with ab15690 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab15690, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] - Microglial marker (ab15690) at 1/750 dilution + Mouse microglial whole cell lysate at 35 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab97023) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 20 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 minute
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] - Microglial marker (ab15690)
This product has been referenced in:
- Selvamani A et al. An antagomir to microRNA Let7f promotes neuroprotection in an ischemic stroke model. PLoS One 7:e32662 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22393433) »
- Lin S et al. Microglial TIR-domain-containing adapter-inducing interferon-ß (TRIF) deficiency promotes retinal ganglion cell survival and axon regeneration via nuclear factor-?B. J Neuroinflammation 9:39 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22361049) »