Anti-Iba1 antibody (ab48004)
- Product nameAnti-Iba1 antibodySee all Iba1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Iba1
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise isoform 3 (NP_001614.3) only. This antibody gave excellent staining in paraffin embedded human adult tissue and embyronic rat tissue. However, adult rat/mouse brain microglia and adult/embryonic mouse non-neuronal macrophages staining was very faint compared to another Iba1 antibody.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Rabbit, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog, Pig, Macaque Monkey
Synthetic peptide: C-NKQFLDDPKYSSDED, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 28-42 of Human Iba1 (NP_001614.3)
- Positive controlHuman Peripheral Blood Mononucleocyte lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48004 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 3 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActin-binding protein that enhances membrane ruffling and RAC activation. Enhances the actin-bundling activity of LCP1. Binds calcium. Plays a role in RAC signaling and in phagocytosis. May play a role in macrophage activation and function. Promotes the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells and of T-lymphocytes. Enhances lymphocyte migration. Plays a role in vascular inflammation.
- Tissue specificityDetected in T-lymphocytes and peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 EF-hand domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Associated with the actin cytoskeleton at membrane ruffles and at sites of phagocytosis.
- Entrez Gene: 199 Human
- Entrez Gene: 574115 Macaque Monkey
- Entrez Gene: 11629 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397271 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29427 Rat
- Omim: 601833 Human
- SwissProt: P55008 Human
- SwissProt: O70200 Mouse
- SwissProt: P81076 Pig
- SwissProt: P55009 Rat
- Unigene: 76364 Human
- Unigene: 10747 Mouse
- Unigene: 32080 Rat
- AIF 1 antibodyAIF-1 antibodyAIF1 antibody
- AIF1 protein antibodyAIF1_HUMAN antibodyallograft inflammatory factor 1 antibodyAllograft inflammatory factor 1 splice variant G antibodyallograft inflammatory factor-1 splice variant Hara-1 antibodyballoon angioplasty responsive transcription antibodyBART 1 antibodyG1 antibodyG1 putative splice variant of allograft inflamatory factor 1 antibodyIBA 1 antibodyIBA1 antibodyinterferon gamma responsive transcript antibodyinterferon responsive transcript factor 1 antibodyIonized calcium binding adapter molecule 1 antibodyIonized calcium-binding adapter molecule 1 antibodyionized calcium-binding adapter molecule antibodyIRT 1 antibodyIRT1 antibodyMicroglia response factor antibodyMRF1 antibodyProtein G1 antibody
Anti-Iba1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Iba1 antibody (ab48004) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Peripheral Blood Mononucleocyte lysate in RIPA buffer
Lane 2 : Human Peripheral Blood Mononucleocyte lysate in RIPA buffer with blocking peptide
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa
Additional bands at : 110 kDa,35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab48004 at 1/300 staining human jejunum tissue sections by IHC-P. A heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citric acid buffer was performed and the tissue was blocked in BSA before incubation with the antibody for 2 hours. A biotinylated rabbit anti-goat antibody was used as the secondary.
ab48004 diluted 1/200 with TBS/BSA/Azide staining rat d15 embryonic liver tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat-mediated antigen retrieval step in citric acid buffer at pH6 was performed prior to blocking with 1% BSA for 10 minutes at room temperature. Incubation time with the primary antibody was 16 minutes. A biotinylated rabbit anti-goat was used as the secondary
ab48004 at 2.5ug/ml staining human placenta tissue sections by IHC-P. A heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citric acid buffer (pH 6) was performed.
References for Anti-Iba1 antibody (ab48004)
ab48004 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.