- Product nameIfenprodil
- DescriptionGluN2B (formerly NR2B)-preferring NMDA antagonist
- Biological descriptionNon-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist acting at the polyamine site. Displays GluN2B (formerly NR2B) subunit selectivity. IC50 values are 0.15 μM at NR1/NR2B and >30 μM for NR1/NR2A, NR1/NR2C and NR1/NR2D receptors.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical nameerythro-4-(2-(4-Benzylpiperidin-1-yl)-1-hydroxypropyl)phenol hemitartrate
- Molecular Weight400.49
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC21H27NO2.0.5C4H6O6
- CAS Number23210-58-4
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 15 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Ifenprodil (ab120111)
This product has been referenced in:
- Paoletti P & Neyton J NMDA receptor subunits: function and pharmacology. Curr Opin Pharmacol 7:39-47 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17088105) »
- Williams K Ifenprodil, a novel NMDA receptor antagonist: site and mechanism of action. Curr Drug Targets 2:285-98 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11554553) »
- Reynolds IJ & Miller RJ Ifenprodil is a novel type of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonist: interaction with polyamines. Mol Pharmacol 36:758-65 (1989). Read more (PubMed: 2555674) »