Anti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [9D3] (ab9386)
- Product nameAnti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [9D3]See all Interferon alpha 2b primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9D3] to Interferon alpha 2b
- SpecificityRecognizes both human recombinant IFN-a2b and IFN-a2a. Does not react with human recombinant IFN-a5 and IFN-g. Inhibits antiviral activity of IFN-a2b in vitro.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, Inhibition Assay, WB, Indirect ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number9D3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. This antibody can be used in a sandwich ELISA for the determination of human IFN-a2b. It recognizes different epitopes than monoclonal antibody 4E10 (ab9388). We recommend using this antibody as a capture antibody and ab9388 as a detection antibody.|
|Inhibition Assay||Inhib: 1/400 - 1/1000.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. At 5 µg/ml, this ab inhibits 90% of IFN-a2b antiviral activity in vitro: The bioassay was performed using L41 cell line and mouse encephalomyocarditis virus (EMCV). Interferon was pre-incubated with the ab for 2 h at RT and then added to the cell monolayer. 24h later the cells were infected with EMCV and cultured for further 24h. Antiviral activity of IFN was evaluated using crystal-violet staining. PAbs to respective interferons and an irrelevant MAb of same isotype were used as controls.|
|Indirect ELISA||I-ELISA: 1/1000 - 1/10000.|
- FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Alpha 2a interferon antibody
- alpha-2a interferon antibody
- IFN alpha 2b antibody
- IFN-alpha-2 antibody
- IFNA 2 antibody
- IFNA antibody
- Ifna2 antibody
- IFNA2_HUMAN antibody
- INFA 2 antibody
- INFA2 antibody
- Interferon alpha 2 antibody
- Interferon alpha 2 precursor antibody
- Interferon alpha 8 precursor antibody
- Interferon alpha A antibody
- Interferon alpha B antibody
- Interferon alpha B2 antibody
- Interferon alpha-2 antibody
- Interferon alpha-2 precursor antibody
- Interferon alpha-A antibody
- LeIF A antibody
- LeIF B antibody
- LeIFA antibody
- MGC125764 antibody
- MGC125765 antibody
Anti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [9D3] images
Standard curve for the determination of human interferon-alpha 2b by two-epitope ELISA: capture antibody 9D3 (ab9386), peroxidase-labeled antibody 4E10 (ab9388).
Immunoblot of human interferon-alpha 2b using monoclonal antibody 9D3. Antibody 9D3 at a dilution of 1:1000 (2.5 µg/ml).
Neutralizing activity of monoclonal antibody 9D3 in vitro. Interferon antiviral bioassay: L41 cells, mouse encephalomyacarditis virus (EMCV). Antibodies at 5
µg/ml. Control 1 - without EMCV (non-infected cells), control 2 - without interferon, control 3 - irrelevant antibody.
References for Anti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [9D3] (ab9386)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang Q et al. Improvement of human interferon alpha secretion by Lactococcus lactis. Biotechnol Lett 32:1271-7 (2010). WB . Read more (PubMed: 20431909) »
- Kisand K et al. Interferon autoantibodies associated with AIRE-deficiency decrease the expression of IFN-stimulated genes. Blood : (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18606876) »