Anti-Interferon gamma antibody [B27] (Biotin) (ab24950)
- Product nameAnti-Interferon gamma antibody [B27] (Biotin)See all Interferon gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B27] to Interferon gamma (Biotin)
- Specificityab24950 does not bind to denatured Interferon gamma.
- Tested applicationsNeutralising, ELISA, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein: E. coli expressed recombinant human interferon gamma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB27
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24950 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
- Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- IFG antibodyIFI antibodyIFN Gamma antibody
- IFN Immune antibodyIFN-gamma antibodyIFNG antibodyIFNG antibodyIFNG_HUMAN antibodyImmune Interferon antibodyInterferon gamma antibodyInterferon Gamma Precursor antibodyMacrophage Activating Factor antibodyMAF antibodyT Cell Interferon antibodyType II Interferon antibody
References for Anti-Interferon gamma antibody [B27] (Biotin) (ab24950)
This product has been referenced in:
- Amara RR et al. Control of a mucosal challenge and prevention of AIDS by a multiprotein DNA/MVA vaccine. Science 292:69-74 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11393868) »
- Abrams JS et al. Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples. Immunol Rev 127:5-24 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1387110) »