Anti-Interferon gamma antibody [XMG1.2] (ab23637)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberXMG1.2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23637 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: Membrane permeablisation is required for this application. Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
- Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- IFG antibody
- IFI antibody
- IFN Gamma antibody
- IFN Immune antibody
- IFN-gamma antibody
- IFNG antibody
- IFNG antibody
- IFNG_HUMAN antibody
- Immune Interferon antibody
- Interferon gamma antibody
- Interferon Gamma Precursor antibody
- Macrophage Activating Factor antibody
- MAF antibody
- T Cell Interferon antibody
- Type II Interferon antibody
References for Anti-Interferon gamma antibody [XMG1.2] (ab23637)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hsieh B et al. In vivo cytokine production in murine listeriosis. Evidence for immunoregulation by gamma delta+ T cells. J Immunol 156:232-7 (1996). Read more (PubMed: 8598467) »
- Cherwinski HM et al. Two types of mouse helper T cell clone. III. Further differences in lymphokine synthesis between Th1 and Th2 clones revealed by RNA hybridization, functionally monospecific bioassays, and monoclonal antibodies. J Exp Med 166:1229-44 (1987). Read more (PubMed: 2960769) »