Anti-Interferon gamma antibody (ab90081)
- Product nameAnti-Interferon gamma antibodySee all Interferon gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Interferon gamma
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant Fragment
Predicted to work with: Human, Non Human Primates
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Interferon gamma.
(Peptide available as ab106211.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal against Recombinant Interferon Gamma protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16.7 kDa).Can be blocked with Interferon gamma peptide (ab106211).|
- FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
- Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- IFG antibodyIFI antibodyIFN gamma antibody
- IFN-gamma antibodyIFNG antibodyIFNG antibodyIFNG_HUMAN antibodyImmune interferon antibodyInterferon gamma antibody
Anti-Interferon gamma antibody images
Anti-Interferon gamma antibody (ab90081) at 1 µg/ml + Recombinant Interferon Gamma at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 16.7 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-Interferon gamma antibody (ab90081)
ab90081 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.