Anti-Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 antibody [EP929Y] (ab52896)
- Product nameAnti-Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 antibody [EP929Y]See all Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP929Y] to Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3
- Specificityab52896 detects both GluR2 + 3 phosphorylated on Serine 880/891 of the mature human, and also unphosphorylated GluR2 + 3.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser880/891 of human GluR2 + 3
- Positive controlHuman brain lysate and human brain tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP929Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52896 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- RelevanceIon channels activated by glutamate are typically divided into two classes. Those sensitive to N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) are designated NMDA receptors (NMDAR) while those activated by a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxalone propionic acid (AMPA) are known as AMPA receptors (AMPAR). AMPAR are comprised of four distinct Glutamate Receptor Subunits (GluR1-4) and they play key roles in almost all excitatory neurotransmission in the brain. The GluR2 subunit is widely expressed throughout the nervous system where it is thought to play key roles in synaptic plasticity and learning and memory.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane; multi-pass membrane protein.
- Entrez Gene: 2891 Human
- Entrez Gene: 2892 Human
- Entrez Gene: 14800 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 29627 Rat
- Omim: 138247 Human
- Omim: 305915 Human
- SwissProt: P42262 Human
- SwissProt: P42263 Human
- SwissProt: P23819 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q4LG64 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q80VM6 Mouse
- SwissProt: P19491 Rat
- Unigene: 377070 Human
- Unigene: 32763 Human
- AMPA selective glutamate receptor 2 antibodyAMPA selective glutamate receptor 3 antibodyGluR K2 antibody
- GluR K3 antibodyGLURB antibodyGLURC antibodyGLUTAMATE RECEPTOR 2 antibodyGLUTAMATE RECEPTOR 3 antibodyGlutamate receptor ionotropic AMPA 2 antibodyGlutamate receptor ionotropic AMPA 3 antibodyGRIA2 antibodyGRIA3 antibody
Anti-Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 antibody [EP929Y] images
Anti-Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 antibody [EP929Y] (ab52896) at 1/5000 dilution + human brain lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 98 kDa
Observed band size : 98 kDa
ab52896 at 1/100 dilution staining GluR2 +3 in human brain by Immunohistochemsitry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 antibody [EP929Y] (ab52896)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhou JY et al. Individual and combined effects of rhynchophylline and ketamine on proliferation, NMDAR1 and GluA2/3 protein expression in PC12 cells. Fitoterapia 85:125-9 (2013). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23352746) »
- Krosnowski K et al. Diverse populations of intrinsic cholinergic interneurons in the mouse olfactory bulb. Neuroscience 213:161-78 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22525133) »