Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab54742)
- Product nameAnti-Jagged1 antibodySee all Jagged1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to Jagged1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant Fragment
Predicted to work with: Human
Recombinant fragment: PNPCQNGAQC YNRASDYFCK CPEDYEGKNC SHLKDHCRTT PCEVIDSCTV AMASNDTPEG VRYISSNVCG PHGKCKSQSG GKFTCDCNKG , corresponding to amino acids 531-621 of Human Jagged 1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
In ascites fluid.
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionLigand for multiple Notch receptors and involved in the mediation of Notch signaling. May be involved in cell-fate decisions during hematopoiesis. Seems to be involved in early and late stages of mammalian cardiovascular development. Inhibits myoblast differentiation (By similarity). Enhances fibroblast growth factor-induced angiogenesis (in vitro).
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult and fetal tissues. In cervix epithelium expressed in undifferentiated subcolumnar reserve cells and squamous metaplasia. Expression is up-regulated in cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Expressed in bone marrow cell line HS-27a which supports the long-term maintenance of immature progenitor cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in JAG1 are the cause of Alagille syndrome type 1 (ALGS1) [MIM:118450]. Alagille syndrome is an autosomal dominant multisystem disorder defined clinically by hepatic bile duct paucity and cholestasis in association with cardiac, skeletal, and ophthalmologic manifestations. There are characteristic facial features and less frequent clinical involvement of the renal and vascular systems.
Defects in JAG1 are a cause of tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) [MIM:187500]. TOF is a congenital heart anomaly which consists of pulmonary stenosis, ventricular septal defect, dextroposition of the aorta (aorta is on the right side instead of the left) and hypertrophy of the right ventricle. This condition results in a blue baby at birth due to inadequate oxygenation. Surgical correction is emergent.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DSL domain.
Contains 15 EGF-like domains.
- Developmental stageExpressed in 32-52 days embryos in the distal cardiac outflow tract and pulmonary artery, major arteries, portal vein, optic vesicle, otocyst, branchial arches, metanephros, pancreas, mesocardium, around the major bronchial branches, and in the neural tube.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AGS antibody
- AHD antibody
- AWS antibody
- CD 339 antibody
- CD339 antibody
- CD339 antigen antibody
- Headturner antibody
- HJ1 antibody
- Htu antibody
- Jag 1 antibody
- Jag1 antibody
- JAG1_HUMAN antibody
- Jagged 1 antibody
- Jagged1 (Alagille syndrome) antibody
- Jagged1 antibody
- JAGL1 antibody
- MGC104644 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000030278 antibody
- Protein jagged-1 antibody
- Ser 1 antibody
- Ser-1 antibody
- Ser1 antibody
- Serrate 1 antibody
- Serrate-1 antibody
- Slalom antibody
Anti-Jagged1 antibody images
Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab54742) at 5 µg/ml + 0.2 µg/lane of recombinant protein with a tag
Goat anti mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP conjugate at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 134 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab54742)
ab54742 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.