Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab7771)
- Product nameAnti-Jagged1 antibodySee all Jagged1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Jagged1
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide: N-KASRGNDRNRIVLPFS conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 110-125 of Human Jagged1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7771 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 134 kDa). 150 kDa in mouse liver lysate and a 75 kDa band in human brain and kidney lysates.|
- FunctionLigand for multiple Notch receptors and involved in the mediation of Notch signaling. May be involved in cell-fate decisions during hematopoiesis. Seems to be involved in early and late stages of mammalian cardiovascular development. Inhibits myoblast differentiation (By similarity). Enhances fibroblast growth factor-induced angiogenesis (in vitro).
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult and fetal tissues. In cervix epithelium expressed in undifferentiated subcolumnar reserve cells and squamous metaplasia. Expression is up-regulated in cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Expressed in bone marrow cell line HS-27a which supports the long-term maintenance of immature progenitor cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in JAG1 are the cause of Alagille syndrome type 1 (ALGS1) [MIM:118450]. Alagille syndrome is an autosomal dominant multisystem disorder defined clinically by hepatic bile duct paucity and cholestasis in association with cardiac, skeletal, and ophthalmologic manifestations. There are characteristic facial features and less frequent clinical involvement of the renal and vascular systems.
Defects in JAG1 are a cause of tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) [MIM:187500]. TOF is a congenital heart anomaly which consists of pulmonary stenosis, ventricular septal defect, dextroposition of the aorta (aorta is on the right side instead of the left) and hypertrophy of the right ventricle. This condition results in a blue baby at birth due to inadequate oxygenation. Surgical correction is emergent.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DSL domain.
Contains 15 EGF-like domains.
- Developmental stageExpressed in 32-52 days embryos in the distal cardiac outflow tract and pulmonary artery, major arteries, portal vein, optic vesicle, otocyst, branchial arches, metanephros, pancreas, mesocardium, around the major bronchial branches, and in the neural tube.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AGS antibody
- AHD antibody
- AWS antibody
- CD 339 antibody
- CD339 antibody
- CD339 antigen antibody
- Headturner antibody
- HJ1 antibody
- Htu antibody
- Jag 1 antibody
- Jag1 antibody
- JAG1_HUMAN antibody
- Jagged 1 antibody
- Jagged1 (Alagille syndrome) antibody
- Jagged1 antibody
- JAGL1 antibody
- MGC104644 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000030278 antibody
- Protein jagged-1 antibody
- Ser 1 antibody
- Ser-1 antibody
- Ser1 antibody
- Serrate 1 antibody
- Serrate-1 antibody
- Slalom antibody
Anti-Jagged1 antibody images
Predicted band size : 134 kDa
ab7771 Rabbit polyclonal to Jagged1 (1/500) with secondary Goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody ab6721 (1/5000)
Exposure time: 1 minute. Expected molecular weight: 134 kDa
Lanes 1 to 3 and 5: 20
µg of cell lysate per lane
Lane 4: 20
µl of 1x LDS loading buffer
Lane 1: Human Brain tissue lysate
Lane 2: Human Kidney tissue Lysate
Lane 3: Human liver tissue lysate
Lane 4: 1x LDS loading buffer
Lane 5: Mouse liver lysate
Staining of Human corneal epithelial cells with anti-Jagged1 (ab7771, 1/500). The Jagged1 (green staining) is localised to the cytoplasm and cell nucleus and is consistent with reports in the literature. The nucleus is stained with Bis benzimide (1/500, blue staining).
Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded IHC of normal human cervial tissues (40x magnification) stained with ab7771 (1/100 dilution). The slides were counterstained with hematoxylin
Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded IHC of human cervical cancer tissues (40x magnification) stained with ab7771 (1/100 dilution). The slides were counterstained with hematoxylin
References for Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab7771)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yasen M et al. Changes of number of cells expressing proliferation and progenitor cell markers with age in rabbit intervertebral discs. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 45:368-76 (2013). IHC ; Rabbit . Read more (PubMed: 23449074) »
- Robinson AP et al. Human stem/progenitor cells from bone marrow enhance glial differentiation of rat neural stem cells: a role for transforming growth factor ß and Notch signaling. Stem Cells Dev 20:289-300 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20575640) »